Chapter 60

Dick walked back out to the living room just as Blair and Jason walked out of the kitchen

Dick walked back out to the living room just as Blair and Jason walked out of the kitchen. Before Jason could offer Dick a beer, he handed him something small as he passed by, "Hey Jason, thanks for the help back there, but I'm good now. You should head back to Gotham."

"What the hell, man?" Jason exclaimed, looking down at what Dick handed him.

"I'm not Robin anymore." Dick shrugged as Blair moved closer to Jason to look at what was in his hand. "Have a safe trip back."

Blair's eyes widened as she took the small piece of metal out of Jason's hand— Dick's tracker. He must have ripped it out while she was in the kitchen flirting with Jason. She turned to look at him in anger and shock, "Dick what the fuck is wrong with you?"

"You didn't have to do that." Jason said quickly, glancing over at her out of the corner of his eye. He didn't like the look on her face, it just reminded him of all the times she had cried in the middle of the night when she thought he was asleep, thinking Dick was just going to abandon her altogether.

"Yeah, I did." Dick argued. "And the both of you should too."

Blair stayed unusually quiet as Jason asked, "Why?"

"Because we're not animals in Bruce Wayne's private zoo!" He exclaimed angrily.

Blair stared at Dick, seeing right through his sudden outburst and rebellion. It had nothing at all to do with them and everything to do with him and the fact that he felt replaced by his own family. It was one of the many reasons she kept putting off the conversation about who Jason really was.

"You don't get it man. He did it for you. For us. In case anything ever happened, he could find us." Jason grew more frustrated with every word he spoke. "These trackers saved her life when she was kidnapped! Where were you?"

"Jason, please don't." She said quietly, speaking for the first time since she had grabbed Dick's tracker out of his hand.

Jason glanced over at her, seeing her shake her head slightly, her eyes darting back over to Dick. Dick stood frozen in place, his hands clenched into fists by his side, Jason's words seemingly hitting a nerve. He looked back at Blair, meeting her eyes pleading with him to stay quiet.

"Thanks for stopping by." Dick handed Jason his case, walking over to the elevator. "Tell Bruce I'm gonna need the place for a couple of days. He should be okay with it."

Jason set the case back down on the table, doing his best to avoid looking at the crushed expression on Blair's face. If he looked at her, he knew he wouldn't be able to handle it. She didn't want them to fight and didn't want Dick to know the hell she went through while he was gone and if he looked at her, he would just start unloading it all onto Dick along with a few punches for good measure.