28 - this is pure smut

*:( a/n*

*ashton pov*

"Maddie! Ashton should sleep on the couch, don't you think?" Maddie's dad's voice startles me and I wake up quickly. Disoriented, I squint a little before focussing on a sleeping Maddie.

I look right beside us and see Maddie's dad just standing there, staring at us. I can only see because of the dim light being cast from the hallway.

I get off of the bed and stare at the ground, embarrassed to be caught in the position that I was. I was basically in a humping position with his daughter. Maddie's eyes are slowly opening and she glances at her dad and then me. She starts sitting up but I put a hand out.

"Dad-"

"No, Maddie. I'll just go sleep on the couch," I shake my head and give her dad a nod. He doesn't do anything and I start to walk out of the room.

"Ashton!" I turn back around and Maddie grabs her pillow and holds it out to me. I grab it and smile before walking out of the room as fast as I can.

Holy shit, that was awkward.

I walk down the stairs and see that the tv in the living room is still on. Maybe Henry's still awake.

I reach the bottom and then look on the couch to find Henry passed out. Maddie's right, he did find a pillow and blanket. Thankfully, there's another couch that I can sleep on. I don't think I could share with Henry.

I walk to the couch and fall on my stomach. I grab the blanket that's at the end of the couch and do my best to cover my body. It only stretches over my legs and I groan.

I was warmer in Maddie's bed. I didn't need a blanket, but her body was enough. I bring the pillow that Maddie gave me up to my head and lay on it. My face is against it and I smell it curiously.

Maddie smells so amazing.

She smells like warmth and coziness and oddly like chocolate. I bet it's from all the coco puffs she eats. I love this pillow. If I close my eyes, I can pretend I'm still with her. It's still warm from her which is an extra plus.

I keep tossing and turning. I've kicked the blanket to my feet and now I feel cold. This couch is not comfortable, it's not warm, and it's not with Maddie. I hate it. I hate knowing my girl is literally a floor above me and I can't touch her.

I only came down here because I really respect her dad, but I'm pissed. We weren't even doing anything wrong. I just want to sleep next to her and hold her.

This couch is seriously too fucking awful. I sort of just lay there and stare at the ceiling, waiting until morning comes and Maddie wakes up.

How long has it been? Thirty minutes. No, it's definitely been like an hour. I close my eyes and remove the pillow from under my head. I turn on my side and wrap my arms tightly around the sweet object.

I hear someone walking down the stairs and sit up, seeing Maddie's dad. He just reached the bottom and I take a deep breath, running a hand down my face.

"Sir, I can't sleep down here. I can't sleep knowing Maddie is right up there. We've waited months to meet each other and the only thing I want is to be with her," I say confidently, but I'm terrified of his response.

He looks confused and then glances at the couch I was on. He keeps looking back and forth between me and the couch. Back and forth, back and forth.

"Ashton, I didn't actually think you'd sleep down here. I just lost a bet to my wife thanks to you," Maddie's dad says with a laugh.

I stare at him in shock and part annoyance. I just wasted time that I could've spent next to Maddie. He's just smiling though and I realize that he honestly thinks this is funny.