Chapter X

Olivia's POV

Home

“Livy”

“Hi Mom”, she wrapped her arms around me the moment I walked through the door and I appreciated being locked in her warm embrace. She withdrew from me to examine me from arms length, before her eyebrows ceased.

“You look tired honey, are you okay?”, she exclaimed worriedly, and I heaved a sigh as I closed the door behind me. “Are you even eating okay?”

“I missed you too mother”, I placed a smile on my face, and she sighed before she pulled me for a hug again

“I'm glad you're here”, she stroked my hair lovingly before kissing my temple. “It's always good to have you home”

“I come home as much as I possibly can”, I puffed as I slung my bag over my shoulder, and we walked to the lounge

“I know, but it's not the same anymore. One minute you were here the next you're were all grown up”, she pouted her lip and I entwined our arms together.

“You're really adorable, you know that?”, I teased, and she playfully pushed me away from her and we laughed

“So where is Rambo?”, I referred to my father because apparently after my mother told him what happened between me and Greg, he went to Greg's firm and punched him in front of his associates. Can't say I wasn't happy about it, but he could have at least waited for him in the parking lot or something, and then beat his ass.

“He's in the garden”, she led the way. “Nothing you say or do is going to make him regret what he did. To be honest, I don't either”.

“Mom!”

She laughed. “You know how your father is, nothing and no one hurts his little girl”

We found him watering his plants, the other one place he truly finds peace and happiness by doing what he absolutely loves, taking care of his garden. He was humming the sounds of his favorite jazz music that he didn't even notice us walking behind him.

“Dad”, I tapped him twice on the shoulder, and he jumped back from being startled before a smile spread on his lips when he saw me and engulfed me in a tight hug

“Pumpkin”, he picked me up and swirled us around before he placed me down again and kissed my forehead. “I'm so happy you're home”

I didn't show any emotion as I tapped my foot on the ground with my arms folded. He frowned before he turned to my mother.

“You told her about me hitting that boy, didn't you?”

My mother gave a helpless shrug, and he twisted his lip

“Pumpkin-”, I put up my hand, stopping him from explaining himself

“How could you be so irresponsible?”, he opened his mouth to talk, but I interrupted him again

“Greg could have pressed charges against you”

“Just because I've retired from the police force it doesn't mean I also retired from the connections I have there, I would have had my ways of getting out”, he smirked, and I heaved a deep sigh

“I'm very, very disappointed in you, Davis”, I waved my finger playfully at him, and he chuckled. He clearly detected the humor in my voice.

“At least one of us is”, he teased, and I wrapped my arm around him

“You shouldn't have”

“You know there's absolutely nothing I wouldn't do for my little girl”