12. just like royalty (pt. 1)

"How was your first birthday present, y/n?"

You let out a giggle, and grinned like a fool. "There's more?"

"Definitely more where that came from." Spencer winked at you nonchalantly, pulling up his sweats.

"And other surprises that you won't find out about until later."

You raised your eyebrows, and tapped your fingers against your chin.

"We should get your 'shot ass' to bed." You imitated Derek, only managing to pull your shirt back over your head before Spencer pulled you into him.

"Ow! Fuck!"

You had landed on Spencer's chest, not from your own doing, but from him tugging you onto his body. You immediately pulled yourself off his chest to find out you hadn't landed anywhere near his injury, and grumbled in response to his laughter.

"Just kidding... Don't hate me.." He teased, trying to coax you back into his arms.

It obviously worked, he was Spencer, after all.

You snuggled into the safety of his arms, closing your eyes for a moment.

"You still need to sleep in bed, not on the couch. The doctor said so." You mused, a hand resting on his taut abdomen.

"But I don't want to move. And I am the doctor." Spencer mumbled, a cheeky grin on his face. You rolled your eyes and removed yourself from his clutch.

"Come on, lover boy. Maybe I'll give you something in return if you actually do what your doctor told you." You attempted to persuade him, intending for it to sound more sexual than the offer actually was.

Spencer immediately stood up and made his way to the bedroom, leaving you to catch up behind him.

"Oh, of course that convinces you to do what you're supposed to." You chuckled, walking into your bedroom. You flicked the light switch off and climbed into bed along side him, getting underneath the sheets and blankets.

"So what do I get in return?" Spencer asked, several minutes after you two had just begun to lie in the dark.

"I said maybe. I never said I would do anything. But since you asked so nicely.." You scooted closer to him and gave him a kiss on the side of his face, and another on his neck.

You heard him hum softly in appreciation, and rolled his head to face yours. "Thank you for taking care of me. I know I'm such a handful."

You kissed the tip of his nose, and smiled. "You're a handful.. In many ways.. But I don't mind it at all."

You fell asleep with your foreheads resting against each other.

Several hours later, at around 6:00 am, your alarm rang- piercing your ears with it's sharp musical tones.

"MMMmmmmmphh. What the fuck is that noise?"

You loved hearing Spencer swear.

"Nothing, Spence. Just my work alarm."

"You have to go into work right now?" Spencer complained, his voice scratchy from sleep. Despite him still in a laying position, he grabbed your hips, attempting to pull you closer to him.

"Okay okay hold on, I need one second to read this.." You placed a hand over one of his.

You scrolled through your emails to make sure there weren't any important messages to read, and then you placed your phone back on the nightstand.