chapter fifty-seven

warning: sexual content 

"So you built me a house, huh?" Rowyn smiled cheekily at Peter as he rowed the boat away from the shore.

"Susan helped—same with my parents and Edmund. Lucy went on supervisor and decorator duty." Rowyn smiled and bit back a laugh. "You'll love it."

Silence washed over them until Rowyn formed more questions. "Wait, so is Aslan's Country infinite then to harbor all the people here?"

"Dragons have flown for months with little breaks and say it never ends," Peter told her. "And given the fact that trillions of people live here and we hardly ever see people we didn't already know, it would be odd if it wasn't infinite."

Rowyn smiled. "Fair enough." Rowyn leaned over the side of the boat and dragged her fingers through the deep blue water as Peter watched her with a smile.

"You're really cute, did you know?" Peter told her.

Rowyn bit her lip to prevent a smile. "Shut up." She muttered with a soft laugh and continued to let the warm water dance between her fingers. "Wait—couldn't we have just done the flash teleporting thing?"

"Yeah, but I wanted you to get the full effect." Peter smiled. Rowyn squinted as she turned to Peter as the sun rested behind him. "But usually, we all just do that 'flash teleporting thing'" He let out a small laugh.

Rowyn bit her lip and shook her head with a smile. "Dick." Rowyn watched the water for a minute. "Where's Caspian? Or Pentalin?"

"Caspian, I believe, is out sailing with his son-"

"Wait what? Caspian has a son?" Rowyn smiled.

Peter smiled back at her. "He's married."

"Oh damn, okay." Rowyn stifled a laugh.

"As for Pentalin, he's with his family just about an hour away—he visits monthly to see us all—I'm sure he'll come rushing here to see you soon. Your grandfather, Rick, is here too. He's staying in a small cabin North of here waiting for Lucille to come home . . . he visits her a lot just as I did with you so we don't see him at all really." Rowyn smiled wider at the thought of him always being with Lucille.

"I miss him." She muttered.

"Lucille will be here very soon so you'll see them both again soon." Rowyn smiled as Peter glanced behind him. "Okay, now I need you to put this on." He handed her a small black cloth.

"This is pretty kinky, Pete—even for you."

Peter scoffed and sent her a glare. "Just put it on." Rowyn laughed and tied the cloth over her eyes. Peter stifled a laugh when she turned to him with the cloth over her eyes.

"Shut up." She muttered and crossed her arms as she bit back a laugh. Peter continued to row the rest of the way to the island and then—once the boat hit shore—helped Rowyn step out of the boat. "Man, I missed sand." She smiled. The small giggle she made when the soft, warm sand danced between her toes made Peter smile wide and kiss her lips for a moment.

"Okay," Peter turned Rowyn around three times and then positioned her in front of the house. "Welcome home." Peter removed the cloth from Rowyn's eyes.

Rowyn didn't speak. Her breathing became quiet.

Resting before her was a home similar to the one she grew up in. This house was smaller, however, and had a deep red front door and a few apple trees in front of it. Rowyn's mouth fell open slightly as she took a step forward. There was a wraparound porch just like her old house and windows with glass that shined iridescent under the sun.