Chapter 23

Isla's POV

"We're home bitches!" I called as I entered the house. 

"Oh putain, just when I thought we go rid of you," Yann sighed, throwing his head back. 

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," I rolled my eyes. 

"Islaaaa!" Linette cheered, giving me a hug. 

"Ew, look what the cat dragged in," Saskia teased, making a face. 

"Oh yeah, Elliot," Mathieu added from the kitchen as Elliot entered the house. We snickered as he looked at us, clueless. 

"Oh, before I forget," Saskia began, "Lucas was asking for you."

"Me?" I asked incredulously. 

"Yeah, you hot stuff," she nodded with a wink. 

"Oh, thanks," I replied, not knowing what to say. 

We chatted for a bit more before I decided to go up to my room to shower. 

I turned the water to the cold setting, letting the water run over my body. My skin was sticky from sweat and it was a really nasty feeling. My hair had become curly from all the humidity and was in need of a nice wash. 

When I finished my shower, I could hear my phone ringing from the vanity. 

"Hi Kit Kat," I greeted, a smile forming on my face. 

"Hey! Are you gonna watch the meteor shower?" my sisters voice chirped through the phone.

"Oh, I completely forgot!" I exclaimed, squeezing the water from my hair. 

"Lucky for you, I reminded you," she said, and I could see her smirk in my head. 

"Thank you Katia, what would I do without you," I drawled sarcastically.

"I miss you," she said, her voice turning quiet. 

"I miss you too. What's wrong?"

"Hm? Nothing, I just said I missed you."

"Katia you know you can talk to me right? I'm your sister."

"I know," she sighed, "Mom and dad are just fighting again."

"What, again?" I asked, stopping my rummaging. 

"Yeah. But it's not bad, just more than before."

"Do you know what about?"

"No, I'm usually in my room like usual."

"Okay well, don't worry about it alright? Mom and Dad love each other. And they love us. So keep me updated and don't stress okay?

"Okay, Thanks Isla. I have to go now, I have to volunteer at the animal shelter tomorrow at 8," she sighed. 

"Have fun waking up early," I joked, slipping on a pair of cotton short and a tank. 

"Ugh, don't remind me. Bye, love you."

"Love you too," I replied, ending the call. She finally said 'love you' first.

I quickly looked up the timings for the meteor showers and stepped out onto the balcony. It was nearly 21:30 meaning there was an hour left until it started. 

About 10 minutes later, I heard the door slide open and Elliot stepped out. 

"I thought I would find you up here," he spoke, the corners of his lips lifting into smile. 

"Your smile is nice," I blurted, immediately flushing in embarrassment.  

"Thanks," he chuckled, looking at his feet as he neared me. His hair was damp from the shower, his chest still glistening with water droplets. I kept my gaze on the city streets below us as he stood right beside me. I could smell his shampoo which was a nice cirtusy scent, perfect for summer.