17 | E

Emmanuelle

After our talk with the doctor we went back to Dimitri. Marco and Anthony were in the room, Gia had already left.

"What did the doctor say?" 

Marissa scoffed. "Where the hell have you been? You were suppose to be in there with me."

Marco stayed quit for a while as his face was occupied by the look of regret . "I had to take care of some business."

"Your brother almost died in a car crash, business is the last thing you should be having on your mind." She mumbled as she made her way to Dimitri's side.

She sat down in the chair to his left and took his hand in hers. Marco stormed out of the room, making Marissa rub her forehead out of stress. Anthony was quick to comfort her. I excused myself, I was in need of fresh air. On my way out of the hospital I spotted Marco and Emilio.

By the looks of it, the two men were having a serious conversation. Marco had his eyes glued to his shoes. His arms were folded in front of his chest, showing off his toned muscles and he was giving Emilio understanding nods as he kept talking. My curiosity got to the best of me. I glanced around me to see if anyone was watching me watch them. Luckily, everyone minding their business. Well, everyone except for me.

I carefully walked towards them, leaving just enough space between us to not get noticed.

"....He told me he would take care of it."

Marco sighed, dropping his arms at his side before he moved the right one through his pitch black hair, "Why didn't you tell me about this?"

Emillio kept quiet.

"Fuck. What did the police say?"

"They don't have much which will only make them dig deeper."

Marco let out a loud exhale as he nervously licked his lips. "See if I can meet with him."

"No, M—"

"You can't expect me to just sit still and wait. Look at what he has done to Mattia for fucks sake." Marco interrupted him.

"We're not sure if he's to blame. Confronting him can make the situation even worse, you know that. Besides—"

Damn it...

Emillio glanced over at me, making Marco turn on his heel to see what Emillio was looking at. Different appropriate lies crossed my mind but none were spoken out as my breathing raced against my heart. Marco raised his left eyebrow at me. This was the first time I had seen him look serious. His look terrified me. Whatever I walked into, I regretted it.

"Emillio, we'll talk later." He said with his eyes were still glued to mine. Emillio quickly walked passed me, not once did we make eye contact.

I gulped when Marco turned to fully address me.

"Eavesdropping, are we?" His minty breath hit my face, that is how close he was standing near me.

My body shuddered. I gulped once again as my eyes dropped to the tile floor. It was as if he had turned on his behavioral switch. Suddenly he was scarier than Dimitri..

Well, fuck...

"I asked you a question, didn't I?" His voice was harsh, different than the one he usually spoke in.

I shook my head, not wanting to look up.

"Look at me and use your voice, Emmanuelle." He ordered.

I nervously looked up into his eyes. My whole body felt weak, I was shivering though it was not cold.

"I—"