Long Gone

'AHHHHHH' screamed the king, almost falling off of appa.

'first time flying?' asked toph, holding onto my sleeve

'its both thrilling and terrifying.' the earth king replied

'yeah, i hate it too.'

'i have to be honest with you.' he said, 'part of me really hopes that what you are telling me about this war...isn't true.'

'i wish it wasn't.' aang muttered, just loud enough for me to hear.

we landed on the outer wall and looked down at the drill which was still there.

'what is that?' wondered the king

'it's a drill.' said sokka, 'a giant drill made by the fire nation, to break through your walls.'

the king looked shaken, 'i can't believe i never knew.'

then, long feng appeared on a stone elevator, 'i can explain this, your majesty. this is nothing more than... a construction project.'

'really then perhaps you can explain why there's a fire nation insignia on your construction project.' asked katara, sarcastically motioning towards the drill

'well, it's imported of course. you know you can't trust domestic machinery. surely you don't believe these children, instead of your most loyal attendant?!'

'dai li, arrest long feng. i want him to stand trial for crimes against the earth kingdom.' said the king, shocking all of us.

'you can't arrest me. you all need me more than you know!' shouted long feng as he was dragged away.

'looks like long feng is "long gone"!' yelled sokka, 'ha...oh yeah, i've been waitin to use that one.'

i smiled at him and dragged him with us to the palace.

---

'i want to thank you, young heroes for opening my eyes. all this time, what i thought was a great metropolis, was merely a city of fools, and that makes me the king fool.' said the king once we were back in the throne room, 'we're at war, with the fire nation.'

sokka stepped forward, addressing the king, 'that's why we came to barb sing se, your highness. because we think you can help us end the war.'

'we don't have much time. there's a comet coming this summer. its energy will give the fire benders unbelievable strength. they'll be unstoppable.' said aang

'but there is hope.' began sokka, 'before the comet comes, we have a window of opportunity. a solar eclipse is coming. the sun will be entirely blocked out by the moon, and the fire benders will be helpless.'

'what are you suggesting, sokka?' said the king in disbelief.

'that's the day we need to invade the fire nation. the day of black sun.'

'i don't know. that would require moving troops out of ba sing se. we'd be completely vulnerable.'

'you're already vulnerable. the fire nation won't stop until ba sing se falls. you can either sit back and wait for that to happen, or take the offensive, and give yourself a fighting chance.' decided sokka, making us wait anxiously for the kings reply.

'very well. you have my support.'

'alright!' we cheered, hugging

'your majesty. i apologize for the interruption.' said a man, kneeling at the foot of the throne.

'this is general how, he's the leader of the council of five. my highest ranking generals.'

'we searched long feng's office.' said how, 'i think we found something that will interest everybody.'