THIRTEEN| .-.. .. . ...

Park Jimin?

"It says I died because of some guy named Park Jimin."

C@U$€ ØF Đ€@TH: PARK JIMIN

He was looking at you with worry dancing in his gaze while you took a shaky breath in unsure hesitance. He had noticed the sudden shift in atmosphere; the once happy and playful space between the two of you now one of fear and doubt. Your mind was confused and nothing made sense. A familiar pounding throbbed against your head as you tried to reach some conclusion or reassurance that you were wrong, but nothing came.

Unfortunately in your sudden mental state of distress, you spoke without thinking. Your thoughts became spoken aloud, and they were heard.

"B-But..." your voice shook as a cold chill swept down your spine and you had to stop yourself from shaking as you stared at him with wide eyes. "But, Park Jimin... that's the name that was on my 'cause of death' memory."

The only sounds then were those of the party that were thankfully loud enough to where the conversation between the two of you was private. You watched as at first his face morphed into one of shock, and then pure horror. He lightly dimmed this expression with fears still lingering in his eyes however as he laughed nervously and looked to you for reassurance.

"That's funny peanut, but not exactly something to joke about."

Your lack of words and serious expression made his worried smile fall as he took his own small step back and his fearful expression returned. There was no color or happiness to his face. All excitement from learning his name and dancing were gone.

He... killed you?! At first all your suspicions came rushing back, but before they could fully penetrate your mind and heart, a sort of dam went up to stop them. You weren't sure where this dam had come from, but it was sturdy and refused to allow any thoughts against he who was in front of you.

Wait. You shook your head in order to think more logically and clearly. There had to be a reasonable solution to this discovery. It had to be a coincidence. Pursing your lips, you focused in on theories and potential reasoning behind his name matching the reason of your death.

"Maybe it was another Park Jimin?" You lamely suggested, this automatically failing to serve as any reassurance as you realized how much of a coincidence this would be. Too much of one to exist. He didn't seem to be listening and continued to back up; looking rather ill and unwell as he began trembling lightly. "H-Hey," you stammered, trying to stop him from backing up but his eyes widening in fear when you approached him. "I'm not saying you killed me, let's not jump to that conclusion."

"But you just said-"

"I shouldn't have said it out loud, I mean... it did say my cause of death was Park Jimin, but it doesn't make any sense that's it's you so I shouldn't have brought it up." You were laughing nervously now as a sort of reassurance to yourself and him, but in both cases it wasn't working. His eyes seemed to darken as his lower lip trembled and he made eye contact with you.

"Why doesn't it make any sense? Do you remember the me I was when I was alive? Who's to say I didn't kill you?"

You were shocked at his sudden tone and looked at him with wide eyes. Was he serious?

"You aren't a murderer," you spoke in confidence, his thoughts far away and not focusing on your words. "You just aren't. I don't believe it. Besides, how would that make sense? Your number is below mine. You've been here longer than me. How could you kill me if you were already dead?"

Yeah. That confirmed it in itself, and you felt your tense body loosen slightly at your words. However, he didn't listen and immediately began backing up once more. Your face crumpled in confusion as to why he was acting so weird and you rushed forward to grab his wrist and stop him, much like he had always done to you in the past.