Chapter 12

Hiiiii here's Ch 12! It's kinda short because I've been so busy but I wanted to give you guys something! Hoping to update in a couple days :) Glad you're all liking the story and keep voting/commenting - I love reading your feedback! Also same thi...

Also same thing with the gif I'll put a * where I picture it fitting in hehehe

Warning: smut ahead ;)
———————————————————————————
The rest of the day went by quickly, thanks to the refreshing pool and the joyful company of your team. Surprisingly enough, they had refrained from any teasing comments, and focused on enjoying the last few days of being obligated to do nothing.

And although the impending conversation about your relation-whateverthehellitwas weighed heavily on your mind, Spencer's sweet glances and soft arm touches eased your worries enough to get through dinner.

"Tomorrow, we rage," Emily announces as she finishes clearing the table. You laugh, placing the wine glasses in the dishwasher and grinning at your friends. "I found an entire bottle of tequila in the cabinet, it needs to be gone by the time we leave!"

"That's easy," Derek chuckles. "But in that case, I'm going to bed."

"Same," JJ agrees, heading toward the stairs. "And Y/N, Spence - we better see you guys bright and early this time!"

"Will do," Spencer promises with a laugh, turning to you. "Ready to head over?"

"Yeah," you smile at his outstretched hand, taking it happily. The two of you walk back to the guest cottage, saying nothing during the short walk. Shutting the door behind him, Spencer nods toward his room, and you follow behind. You climb on the bed, back leaning against the perfectly propped pillows as he lays next to you, looking up at your face.

"What should I have said when JJ asked me that, Y/N?" he asks, genuinely trying to understand. You sigh, tensing but slightly relaxing when he moves toward you, resting his head on your lap and looking up at you with soft eyes.

"I don't know," you admit with a shrug. The truth is, you didn't. "But you said it so quickly, like the idea of being a couple is appalling to you or something."

"Will you stop that?" he asks. "It's not. I just, haven't been in love since Maeve. And I like how things are now, what if we put a label on it and things start to fall apart?"

You sigh, running a hand through his hair. His eyes flutter closed for a moment, turning on his side and placing a kiss on your thigh, just below the hem of your shorts. You and Spencer Reid are more alike than you originally thought. Just two people with baggage, in love and terrified of losing it.

"I know," you murmur, skin on fire with each peck he places on your bare skin. His hands fumble with the button of your shorts, attempting to wiggle them down but getting in his own way. "I just felt unwanted."

"Well," he responds, sitting up and kissing your lips, successfully tugging the shorts down to your ankles. Two fingers trace over your panties, mouth moving to your neck as he hooks his thumb in the waistband and tugs those down as well. "There's nobody in this world that I want as much as you."