25 - sickness

✧✧

✧✧

The rest of last night was a blur, I remember pope coming back with two officers who phoned an ambulance. JJ had to pry Sarah off of John b's unconscious body as I felt sick to my stomach. They felt for a pulse and the rest is unclear. All I removed from that point is flashes.

They put John b in an ambulance. Sarah collapses into my chest, hysterically crying. Kiara gets in the ambulance with him. All of us in the van driving to the hospital. Sometime I fall asleep in the waiting room next to Sarah, her head in my lap. JJ offering to take us home. Me and JJ in my bed. That's the last thing I remember before I let my eyes close, feeling the rise and fall of his chest mirror mine.

The next morning isn't as peaceful. I wake up with a splitting headache and the sudden urge to run to the bathroom. I toss JJ's arm that was wrapped around my waist to the side and make a run for it to my black tiled bathroom. I manage to make it just in time to empty the contents of my stomach into the toilet bowl.

"God when is this going to let up!" I groan, setting my forehead onto the edge of the seat as I feel JJ walk into the room. "Hey drink some water." He reaches down to brush the hair out of my face and I feel the familiar sense of pink tinging my cheeks. No matter how many times he touches me like that the butterflies never go away. They stay fluttering in the pit of my stomach.

"Get that away from me, I don't want it." I groan, pushing the glass of water away from my face weakly. I could feel JJ's eyes on my, full of worry, as he reaches down and pulls my hair back.

"Okay it'll be on the counter when you're ready. I can't stay much longer since John B just go out of the hospital. Is your dad home?" He asks just as another wave washes over me, sticking my head back into the bowl. Once I'm done I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand, shaking my head.

"No he had work early today and my mom is running errands so I'm alone today but give the pogues my best. I don't think I'm getting off of this linoleum anytime soon." I sigh, setting my head on the edge of the bowl and I feel JJ's arms wrap around my waist as he sets his chin in the crook of my neck.

"I don't feel comfortable leaving you here all alone. Can I take you to Sarah's since she knows what going on. That way if you need anything then she'll be there to take care of you." He mumbles into my hair, pressing a chaste kiss to my neck, making my heart melt inside of my chest slightly.

"Yeah, can you help me change though, I don't think I can stand." I turn back to look at him and his eyes sadden. "I'm sorry this is happening to you."

"Don't be. Shit happens and at least we get a baby out of it. I don't care if I feel like I'm dying right now, it'll be worth it. Now please get me off this floor or I swear to god I'll make sure you'll never have kids again." I glare at him and he immediately wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me up to a standing position. From there he takes the shirt I was wearing off, slipping on a sweatshirt and pulling on some shorts.

He then helps me walk down the stairs and out to my car, having to take continuous breaks to catch my breath and swallow the bile rising in my throat. Once we get to the car it's smooth sailing from there. We arrive at Sarah's faster than I remember, probably cause JJ was driving and he has a record for driving abnormally fast.

"Hey what are you guys doing here?" Sarah asks, getting up from her seat next to John b on the porch as JJ opens the door for me, lifting me out of the car, immediately wrapping an arm around my waist. "Woah Lilah you look like shit. Did you two have too much fun while I was unconscious?" John b jokes and a scowl appears on my face.

"Oh go to hell John B." He looks slightly taken aback as Sarah and JJ struggle to contain their laughter. "Who stuck a stick up her ass today?" He murmurs as JJ shakes his head, telling him to stop while he's ahead.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." I hear Sarah whisper as we sit down on the porch, both Sarah and John b now standing up across from us. JJ's grip tightens around my waist as I raise my eyebrows before look at JJ. "Do you want to tell him or should I?"

"Tell me what?" John B glances in between JJ and I as I hear Sarah mutter, "This is gonna be good."

"Go ahead JJ, tell him what you did." I gesture to John b, the annoyance in my voice very prominent as JJ takes a deep breath before looking at John B. "Imayhavegottendelpregnantandnowwerehavingababy...." he mumbles, his voice shaking. The biggest clue that this boy is nervous as hell tell his best friend.

"I'm sorry you're going to need to speak louder, I didn't catch that." John b raises his eyebrows, leaning forward a little bit. "I got Del pregnant okay!" JJ groans louder than he needed to and the look on John B's face is priceless. I swear his eyes almost popped out of his head.

"I'm sorry you what?! This has to be a joke. You guys literally started dating yesterday. How in the hell!?" He runs his hand through his hair, starting to pace back and forth. "Do you really want me to answer that question?" I deadpan, making direct eye contact with him as he shakes his head. "Who knows?"

"Other than my mom you're looking at it. It's the reason I passed out and why I've been sick so much. I'm around twelve weeks now, I have an appointment in a few days." I fold my fingers around JJ's hand as he presses a kiss to my forehead. John b looks like he might throw up, or pass out, or both.

"Holy shit man you're going to be a dad!" His eyes widen at JJ as he walks forward, pulling JJ up into a hug.

"Now I doubt that Kiara is going to react very well to this but I promise I'll keep my mouth shut. I'm proud of you man but we need to go. They're waiting for us at the wreck." He pulls away, gesturing to the Van and JJ nods before looking back at me.

"You're going to be okay right?" Concerns coating his face and I nod as Sarah steps forward, shoving my boyfriend. "I got her JJ, so don't worry about it."

He looks back at me, worry still etched on his face. Knowing that he won't leave unless I make him, I slowly stand up from the porch pressing a firm kiss onto his lips. His hands wrap around my waist just long enough for me to pull away. "I'll be fine."

He sighs before letting go of his grip on my hips, "I know," his somber expression is quickly replaced with a smile as he looks at me, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "You two better not get into trouble while I'm gone, especially you Covey!"

"I would never, maybank!"

✧✧

Sorry this is such a filler
chapter but hey John B
knows now. I didn't really
know how to connect
the last two chapters
but this is how it ended up
so I hope you enjoy it
and stay tuned for
the next chapter
coming out soon,
I promise