Reader x Farlan: Naps

Requested by disclosing94!

I just want to post this chapter and get right back to my hiatus. Exams are starting soon, and I need to get this out before I spend the next 100 hours burying my nose in my text books.

Math is a no-no.

Enjoy!

Farlan was a restless young lad. Although he was quite normal during the day, you rarely see him sleeping. You thought he doesn't sleep, because during the night, you, Isabel, and (from time to time) Levi, would have Farlan to take guard.
He leaves for some time during the day and returns at noon.

You vonlunteered to take guard first, but Farlan quickly discarded you. He said that a strength of a woman doesn't match the strength of two wild boars. You could only sigh.
Isabel knew a lot about Farlan, maybe even more than Levi. Said man rarely has time to sit down and chat about their interests. You and the group didn't go back too long, you were brought in by Farlan himself. A group of thugs murdered your family, and you were close to being dead when Isabel and Farlan had found you. Levi shrugged you off and told the two that you were their trouble, Isabel was glad to have you along and now, she was like a sister.

You sighed and stared at the bonfire, you closed your eyes because of the warmth. This was nothing close to the hugs you always get, the thought made your eyes water.

"(y/n). You better get some rest, Levi wouldn't like to see you wide awake at this hour." Farlan whispered, you wiped your eyes and smiled.

"Thanks for worrying, Farlan. But I'm fine, this is nothing compared to my first week, remember?" You chuckled dryly. During your first week with the three, you couldn't sleep because you get nightmares of the night your family was murdered. The screams of your mother and father scarred you and the blood bath was indescribable. "I'll go to sleep at some point, tonight."

Farlan shook his head, "I don't think so, rest is pretty important. We're on the run." He said.

"Says the one who doesn't even sleep." 

"I do sleep, I just prefer to do it alone. I don't trust anyone."

You were taken aback, your heart stung when Farlan said that, "Not even Isabel? Levi?" You gasped, "Me?"

Farlan chuckled and sat next to you, "It's not that I don't trust you guys, it's just I have trouble sleeping, that's all. I uh...keep having nightmares." Farlan stared at his clenched fists, you held one of his hands and smiled.

"Of course you'll have nightmares when you sleep in unfamilliar places or without someone familliar to you." You caressed Farlan's cheek and brushed your thumb on the bags under his eyes. "You're not getting enough sleep. Lay your head on my lap."

Farlan shrugged and did as he was told, you gently played with his hair and began singing a lullaby. Farlan's eyes slowly closed and his mouth formed a thin smile, you continued singing until Farlan was finally asleep.

"What a kid." You heard Isabel whisper, you held up your index finger and pressed it on your lips. "Sorry, sorry!" She whispered and turned away to sleep, "Keep singing, please."

You kept singing until you were finished and you kissed Farlan's forehead, making him smile in his sleep.

So, the Pope is currently in the country. I don't plan on becoming one with the countless devotees all around the Pope. Pope Francis is too adorable for his own good.

Until then, be Humanity's Hope, Trainees!

Sylvia-Danchou is out, peace!