chapter eleven

~~ y/n's pov ~~

we all shoved our stuff into george's tiny car and climbed in. nick took a blurry photo of all 4 of us in the car and posted it without any caption. as george drove off i scrolled through the replies, laughing as everyone freaked out and made theories.

the car ride was fairly uneventful, we all just caught up and told our travel stories. right as george has spilled his drink on the girl next to him, we arrived at the apartment complex. it was right on the outskirts of downtown LA, but away from all the traffic.

as we got our stuff out of the car, my nervousness came back again. standing outside my new home was surreal, just another reminder of the insane choice i had just done.

"oh um.. one minor detail by the way. the apartment is very nice but... there's only 3 bedrooms." clay said as we started into the building and the others all looked at me.

"I AM NOT SHARING. ABSOLUTELY NOT." i said as loudly as i could without causing a scene.

"are you sureeee y/n? it could be fun" nick said and i groaned in annoyance.

"i am flexible in a lot of things but that's a strong no. i get my own room."

the boys finally agreed and we headed up the elevator. out of the corner of my eye i saw george whispering something to clay, something clay obviously didn't like. he gave george a strong punch to the shoulder and george grinned wildly. i didn't think too much of it, but i laughed at george's response. we got off the elevator and found our door.

clay took the keys and unlocked the door, pushing it wide open. as i stepped into the main room, gasps and sounds of approval came from all of us.

the main room was big, with glass sliding doors leading out to an impressive balcony. there were two hallways on opposite sides of the room, and a kitchen to our left as we entered. peering down one hallway i saw 3 doors, presumably 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. that meant the other side had the single room, so i raced down it and shut the door behind me. i heard annoyance from the boys but i stopped in my tracks as the door shut. my jaw fell as i took in my new bedroom.

the wall i was facing had a window stretching its entirety with a simple sill, showcasing the city skyline. the walls were a light grey but with the midafternoon sun starting to come through, it was plenty bright. the view was breathtaking to say the least, and i could only imagine how magnificent this room could be once i moved everything in.

i placed my bags on the bed provided and just stared out the window. shuffling feet came from outside my door and i heard the door open.

"this is not fair."

the 3 boys filled into my room and stood beside me, admiring the view i had. an overwhelming sense of comfort washed over me as we stayed there, just enjoying the moment. a sense i hadn't felt in a long time.

home.

-

"okay so i'll run to ikea and get 4 good chairs and desks, nick goes and gets basic necessities, george works on the pc set ups and y/n goes to get groceries. sound good?"

we soon had realized we had little to nothing in the apartment, so we split up and each headed separate ways. we somehow managed to get 2 rental cars so nick and i drove to the nearest target while clay headed to ikea and george stayed home.

i was worried going with nick would be awkward since we weren't the closest, but it was impossible not to enjoy my time with him. he knew a shocking amount of one direction and we practically lost our voices singing so hard.