EIGHTEEN

"And you're sure you can do it?" Jimin sends Jeongguk an unsure look as he halts in front of the door.

Jeongguk nods soothingly. "Yes, it's alright. You've helped me a lot. I can do the rest by myself, don't worry. You go on your date with Yoongi."

Jimin chuckles at first but adds more serious then, "But if there's a problem just call me."

"Yup. Thank you so much for today, Jimin. I couldn't have done it without you.", Jeongguk speaks gratefully.

"I liked helping you. And you, you get well soon please. Drink lots of tea and go to bed early today."

Jeongguk nods at Jimin's words, "I try to."

Jimin sends him a last smile, bids his goodbye and leaves.

Jeongguk yawns as he makes his way back to the kitchen where he has to warm up Taehyung's food.

Jimin has helped him the entire day and even brought Chansol to bed so that Jeongguk only has to warm up their food and eat together with Taehyung.

Afterwards he would go to bed immediately, in hope to recover soon. The earlier he recovers the better it is.

Jeongguk really doesn't want to infect Chansol so it's important to get better soon. The baby shouldn't be sick.

He turns on the stove and puts the food on it. He leans against the kitchen and massages his temple in order to soothe his headache.

Just as he was about to take out the dishes to lay the table, Taehyung walks in. "Hey", the elder greets him but frowns after he took a look at the younger's face.

"Are you sick?", he questions, a hint of worry evident in his voice. Jeongguk just nods softly.

"Sit down, I lay the table."

Jeongguk does like he's told and lets himself plop on a chair. He lets out a hiss as the harsh collision with the seat only makes his head hurt more.

"You didn't have to do the housework today, Jeongguk. When you're sick then you're sick, you don't have to work then.", Taehyung speaks, placing the plates as well as the spoons on the table.

"It was no problem. I wasn't alone. I messaged Jimin to come over and he helped me a lot.", Jeongguk says weakly, "I took a bath and used your bath additive for colds, I hope you don't mind."

Taehyung is quick to shake his head, "God no, you can take everything you need! You don't need to worry about that."

Jeongguk looks at the other gratefully, "Thank you."

"There's only soup today since I wasn't really in the right state to cook.", Jeongguk notes apologetic.

"Hey, I told you not to worry. You're sick. So stop saying this.", Taehyung reminds him again, looking at him with an accusing expression.

Jeongguk lifts his hand in surrender. "Okay okay my mouth is locked."

Taehyung nods approvingly, obviously content with the answer.

They quickly finish their meals and Taehyung clears the table afterwards so that Jeongguk doesn't have to do anything.

As he starts to wash the dishes all by himself, Jeongguk starts to complain that he feels bad watching him doing all by himself but Taehyung only shuts him up, saying that the younger's sick and that he should rest.

Jeongguk sits down again in defeat, aware of the fact that he doesn't need to protest as Taehyung's unbelievable stubborn.

So he just continues to watch the older male while he waits for him to finish. If he can't help, he at least wants to wait for him.

"And you, you just managed to stay healthy even though you were as wet as me?", Jeongguk huffs jokingly as he folds his arms in front of his chest, a pout on his lips.

Taehyung looks over his shoulder to have a look at the younger, only to let out a small chuckle that - once again - makes Jeongguk's heart flutter.

"Well, I wasn't freezing like you. Guess I'm more used to it as I did it on a daily basis as a child."

Jeongguk snorts. "As if it rained every day as you were a child."

Taehyung turns now around completely, having finished all of the dishes. "It rained pretty often. Maybe not every day, but often.", he defends himself, only for Jeongguk to raise his eyebrows.

"Or you hust remember the rainy days because you liked them the most.", Jeongguk guesses with a more serious tone now.

Taehyung nods slowly. "Yeah that could be. I always hated the hot days - still do."

Jeongguk gasps, "Really? I love the summer and the heat. The warmer the better."

"That explains a lot.", Taehyung notes teasingly.

"I can't do anything against my freezing.", Jeongguk speaks, making Taehyung smile a bit.

"Come on, let's go to bed. You have to recover.", the elder says to Jeongguk who nods and gets up.

They both go upstairs. Jeongguk halts in front of the door and turns around to look at Taehyung. "Goodnight, sleep well, Taehyung."

"You too. And get well soon.", Taehyung speaks in a soft voice, as he opens the door with his left hand, eyes still locked with the younger's.

He sends him one last glance before he goes inside his room, leaving Jeongguk alone whose eyes are still on the spot Taehyung stood just seconds ago.

He slowly shakes his head and also goes inside his own room. Jeongguk closes the door behind himself, a big smile on his face.

He just can't help to feel this giddiness when he's next to Taehyung. Jeongguk's falling. He's falling for Taehyung, every day a bit more although he knows that he doesn't have a chance with the elder.

But as long as he keeps it to himself his heart can't be broken right?

Jeongguk makes himself ready for bed and lies down after he's finished his daily night routine.

He drifts away soon, exhaustion of the day coming over him. But only a few hours later he wakes up again because of a loud wail.

Jeongguk sits up groggily, holding his throbbing head as he reaches for his phone on the nightstand. He switches it on, the light only hurting his eyes.

It's 2:30 in the morning, too early for him. Nevertheless he gets up as quickly as possible to prevent Taehyung from waking up.

Even though Jeongguk's pretty sure that the other's already awake because of Chansol's loud cries.

Just as Jeongguk's about to open the door of his own room, the wailing starts to get quieter until only soft sobs can be heard.

With furrowed eyebrows, Jeongguk leaves his room and goes over to Chansol's.

The boy never stops crying by himself, so you could say that Jeongguk's utterly confused.

He opens the door of Chansol's room quietly and walks inside, only to be greeted by a sight that makes him hold his breath in shock.

There, in the dim light of the baby lamp stood Taehyung, bent over the crib, softly caressing Chansol's cheek.

are you as excited as i am for the teaser photos later? 🥺