Stress Relief

"Your BP is too high," said the healer with a slight frown looking at the pressure bars levelling. Once she was satisfied with the reading, she unwrapped the strange contraption from Emma's arm and tucked it back into its metal box. The healer then waved her wand to jot down a few notes on the magical parchment that was floating still in the air beside them, waiting for her command.

"My BP? Isn't that a muggle thing?" Emma asked concerned propping herself up a bit straighter on the examination chair.

"Yes, your blood pressure. We're trying this new hybrid method of combining our methods with some other muggle diagnostics. We learned that in some unique situations, it can be best to help prevent unnecessary complications," she said looking at Emma with a small smile.

"I thought that was just for injuries—A colleague of mine got these things called 'stitches' for his snake bite a few years ago," Emma recounted trying to keep the panic at bay.

What if something was wrong with the baby?

What if something happened to her?

Who would take care of the baby?

All these thoughts seemed to reflect on her face as the healer placed a comforting hand over Emma's. 

"The baby is healthy dear. I just need you to look after yourself, okay? A high BP means you're stressed. Of course, you also are carrying Mr. Lupin's child and we won't know the exact conditions of that for another three months but I'm optimistic it's nothing to worry about," she said, her eyes crinkling at the corners.

"What can I do to help?"

With her job at the Ministry picking up, she had a hunch that it added to her stress a bit. But Remus always did wonders to help her out on the weekends. Being Remus, he was at her beck and call whenever she needed him, which wasn't a lot—so sometimes he would just show up to check on her.

She wasn't complaining. Especially since her discomfort was only bound to increase in the coming trimester. She secretly liked the attention.

"Did you give any thought to what I told you last month?" she asked Emma. While most witches did not have monthly check-ups, given Emma's circumstances she had been cajoled into doing so to keep better tabs on both her and the baby's health.

Emma thought about it for a moment. She had. Almost every day. It was a little hard not to when Remus tempted her several times a week. He had been enjoying every moment of how her pregnancy made her react to his teasing.

After their second date, they began seeing each other a lot more, catching up on months of lost time. Remus had taken almost every opportunity to drive her almost crazy with need. 

From the damn dry bits of chocolate on his lips, she all but pounced on him to lick off to the other time she had accidentally ripped open his shirt sending buttons flying everywhere. The man had driven to become a hormonal maniac.

Like a wolf in heat. The irony was not lost on her.

Now entering her third and final trimester, her needs were becoming unbearable and she didn't know if it was the werewolf genes that made it so. Each time she had still miraculously managed to hold back and she could tell Remus was doing his best to respect her boundaries.

The thing is she wasn't sure she wanted to anymore.

"I'll see what I can do," Emma said a hint of red tinting her cheeks as she imagined the scenario of finally giving in to temptation.

She never thought that she would have to be the one to seduce him for a chance.

Ϟ