Telling her why

The Falconclaw Pack, with Aphmau and Aaron:

Aphmau shifted around in her seat, looking down at her hands where she played with her fingers.

"Actually, that was what I was gonna talk about. I have a question for you." Aaron stated. He started to grin, which definitely eased the worried woman up.

"Okay..? What's the question?" Aphmau asked, suddenly a little more anxious.

"Have you ever heard of the ultima werewolf?" Aaron asked, looking the woman straight in the eyes. She looked away to think, but then stared back at him in confusion.

"Y-yeah, but I thought it was just a childs tale...why do you ask?"

"Because I am the ultima."

Aphmau was rightfully shocked. It took her a minute to process that he was saying and how it connected to the conversation. She racked her brain, thinking back to 9th grade history class.

"Turn to page 32 where it mentions the Ultima!" The teacher said. She droned on about how ultimas were fictional, evil creatures and blah blah blah... I just looked outside the window and focused on the pattering sound of the rain against the window. That went on for about 30 minutes until the teacher said something that caught my ears.

"Every ultima has a luna! Luna's are their partners for life. They have a mutual understanding and respect that can't be matched. Nobody has every really understood the selection process but it's just how it is. They can hear their luna's heartbeat no matter how far away they are. When their luna is close, their heartbeat gets louder." After that, I stopped listening and just...dissociated.

"Aphmau, I followed you because I realized that you are my luna. I could feel it as soon as you passed. I've been looking for you forever, I just didn't expect you to come right to me"

"WHAT? Are you SERIOUS? Hold on hold on HOLD ON!"

Aaron laughed at my stressed out commentary. "I know it's a lot, and it's not like you have to reciprocate my feelings, but I'd like a chance. If not to be yours romantically but at least be your friend." Aaron was a sweetheart, and Aphmau couldn't deny the connection she already felt with him, so she didn't  feel the need to immediately turn him down.

"Alright, sounds like a deal!" Aaron peeked behind his new friend to look at the clock.

"How about I show you to your room?"

"Okay!"

They both stood up and Aphmau grabbed onto a little piece of the bottom part on his shirt, which surprised him. She had a habit of losing attention and getting lost so she just stuck to him.

They moved to the door, Aphmau behind Aaron. He went to open the door and upon pushing the piece of wood, Nana, Zane, and Travis were revealed, tumbling into the room. Aphmau was quick to hide behind Aaron. She peaked her head out to see what had happened and the meif'wa squealed with excitement.

"AARON! SHE'S SO CUTE! WHATS HER NAME?!" Her loud voice echoed, causing everyone else in the room to cover their ears.

"M-my name is Aphmau.." The she-wolf mumbled. Everyone was able to hear her. Not well but well enough.

"OH MY GOD AARON IM GONNA PASS OUT I-" the man with the mask covered her mouth before she could continue yelling.

"Nana, you're so loud! I think I see a crack in the window from your voice." He calmly stated. They had completely opposite aesthetics, which was cute. Aphmau Looked over at Aaron. He was visibly angry and he was going to make that known.

"Nana, why were you, Zane, and Travis pressed up against my office door?"

"OBVIOUSLY, so that we could easedrop!!" The Meif'wa smiled deviously.

In that moment, Aaron took off his shoe and chucked it at her, nailing her straight in the head.

"OW AARON! WHAT THE HELL?!" She screeched, earning a laugh from everyone else in the room, including Aphmau, who couldn't stop cackling.
Maybe this would be okay after all.

———————————————————

Until next update~