Chapter 56

Xiang ChangKong was officially discharged the day before the postgraduate entrance exams. Xu Lian and Weng ShuLi had gone to the hospital to pick him up, and after Xiang Nuan found out, she also specially asked for class leave to come home. She would be leaving school at noon and skip her last afternoon class.

Originally, Weng ShuLi had told her daughter that there was no need. After all, today was Friday, so Xiang Nuan would be coming home tomorrow anyway. Xiang Nuan didn't need to miss school just for this. But Xiang Nuan disagreed. She hadn't managed to visit Xiang ChangKong once during his stay in the hospital. If she didn't even see him on the day of his discharge, then she can't be called his sister, ah!

Of course, the most important reason she wanted to see Xiang ChangKong before his postgraduate exams were to encourage him. Although Xiang ChangKong was much smarter than her, Xiang Nuan still felt very nervous for him. Honestly, she was feeling a lot more nervous than she had been during her own mock exams.

After her fourth class, Xiang Nuan began to pack up her things. Shen Lin watched her put away her books and asked: "You're going home? There's still one class left."

Access vi pnovel.com

Xiang Nuan glanced at him and snorted. "It's none of your business. You'd better concentrate on your studies, ah, so your mother doesn't come to school again."

Shen Lin pursed his lips and said nothing more. After his mother came to school and bothered Xiang Nuan's brother, Xiang Nuan had never approached him again about their studies. If she had any questions, she now went to ask other people.

He turned his head and went back to his exercise book.

When Xiang Nuan arrived home, Weng ShuLi had almost finished cooking lunch. Xu Lian and Xiang ChangKong were sitting on the sofa in the living room, chatting.

"Brother!" As soon as Xiang Nuan saw Xiang ChangKong she flew over, intending to embrace him. Xu Lian hastily raised her hand to stop her and said: "He just left the hospital."

"Oop." Xiang Nuan abruptly stopped her hands. Instead, she smiled at Xiang ChangKong and said: "Then I'll hug you very gently!"

Weng ShuLi came out of the kitchen with some dishes and saw her daughter about to hug her son. "Alright, alright, go wash your hands. Don't disturb your brother."

Xiang Nuan's mouth flattened and she complained in her heart: I just wanted to hug brother a little, ah.

But in the end, she put down her school bag and left to wash her hands.

Although Xiang ChangKong had just been discharged from the hospital and there were many things to watch out for, Weng ShuLi still made a full table of dishes to celebrate. Xiang Nuan, who had been eating in her school canteen for the entire week, ran towards the food immediately. Weng ShuLi placed the dishes Xiang ChangKong liked near his seat so he would have an easier time grabbing food.

(T/N: There are certain foods people avoid when recuperating. For example, greasy food.)

Xiang Nuan sat down and asked Xiang ChangKong: "Brother, how's your injury? Will you be alright for your exam tomorrow?"

"Don't worry, I use my brain during my exams, not my stomach."

"..." Well, alright then.

Xiang Nuan ate a few mouthfuls of rice, then curiously asked: "What exactly happened that day you got injured? Mom didn't explain when she called me."

Fearing that Xiang Nuan would worry, Weng ShuLi had only called her daughter when Xiang ChangKong's condition stabilized. Xiang Nuan wasn't very happy with this. When her father had an accident, her family also kept it from her. She's always the last one to know about such things.