Chapter 26

| A possible reunion
for the five of us? |

Since the last time Ming Chen came here, several reporters were seen waiting in the school grounds. I bet they're hoping for more inside scoop from the teachers and students who've seen him yesterday.

Post upon post from Weibo were forwarded after students of this school posted a picture of Ming Chen waiting for someone. Thankfully, everyone thinks that he's a great older brother since it's rumored that his little sister attends here and not because of a potential love interest.

It's a great advantage for us since no one knew his sister's face and name. It also serves as a valid reason for him to go here in this school.

From that reason, we decided to meet up blocks away from the school. Shu Jian will also come with me as well to avoid suspicion as well as Linjie who is currently on Ming Chen's car awaiting our arrival.

Everything was planned so that I won't be known to the public. I appreciate the effort though it's sort of tiring and it's just the first day.

I just hope I'm in a Mary Sue novel with a golden finger with me.

With that, we've arrived at his car, I let Shu Jian first  before I go inside. Smiling towards Linjie as I greeted her, I looked at Ming Chen and held his hand.

"So, should we go to my place?"

"Wow gege, you really couldn't wait until we're out huh?"

"How could you say those vulgar words to Shu Jian and Mian Mian?!" 

Great, he just pissed off two more women in just merely a minute, perfect.

Soon, Shu Jian was asleep and Linjie took her to another car, that's one of the plan that Ming Chen decided alone. After we're out of the media's attention, the two light bulbs, his words not mine, will leave and we could have some time for the two of us.

"What do you want to eat?"

I could always tell him to cook a very complex recipe but he's tired from his job. Also, he just drove from a three hour drive just to have some time with me. Though it's just some little time, I appreciate his efforts and it just made me feel lucky to have him with me.

I really just have saved the galaxy in my past life to snatched an almost perfect man like him.

"Hm, let's just have some sweet and sour pork tonight and some tomato egg drop soup" I said while leaning on his couch after I plug my laptop on.

I also have a demanding job, I just can't let him keep me and be his little whinny girlfriend who is supported by him. Besides, being a teacher can probably last for years while his job were not that much.

"Okay, your wish is my command" he said sweetly and head back to the kitchen.

Well, what more could I wished for? A good looking man who knew how to cook with a very demanding job that not everyone can achieve, what more?

With that, I felt pride bloom in my chest and continued my work with great relish.

I didn't get to see him cook since I was too busy checking test papers and grading each students works. It isn't easy being a teacher and it just gets harder at some times but it's fulfilling to see students learn and retain that lesson you taught to them.

"Dinner's ready"

I pushed my laptop to his desk and come up to look at the dining table. The food looks greatly appetizing and the colors were vibrant and fresh.

"Good job Goudan" I pecked him in the cheeks and ignored his frowning face before sitting down.

"Goudan? Feng-er, how can you call this amazing, handsome man of yours, Goudan? Isn't it a bit insulting to my ears?" He said with his hands on the table.

"Eat Goudan" I shoved the piece of chicken on his mouth as he chewed on it. "Taste good isn't it? That's because you have this gongzhu of yours to motivate you"

Well, I think I'm becoming more shameless and it's the fault of this two siblings surnamed Hao!

"Yes, yes, yes, my dearest Gongzhu is right. Eat now, I don't want you to be too skinny"

"Really?" I looked at him with my eye brows raised.

"Yep, I prefer meat over bones, but I much prefer you"

"Rogue!'
...

"Feng Mian!"

I was suddenly engulfed by a very familiar person. Her hair is much longer now, her face stayed the same as well as her brimming personality. Her skin is the color of wheat, probably due to her travels.

Besides her, a man with a frown on his face gravely scolded her for her abrupt hug.

Ai, this two had never changed.

Years had gone by and the two still stayed the same and they had been together for a very long time, almost a decade.

Funnily enough, Wei Xiu is always the one who can't bear to be away from Liu Ying so he decided to take a travel plan after he finished all his cases.

Yep, Wei Xiu became a lawyer after all, that poisonous tongue would definitely benefit from other things such as his current job now.

Liu Ying on the other hand decided to help students from rural areas to be able to cope with the technology. She became a International Aid Worker, and helps the elderly and the young to have access and knowledge when it comes to technology.

Three months ago, she arrived here sulking at me and blaming Wei Xiu for their short vacation. Well, let's just say that it was a hell of a fight between them. Then she went away again for her job and just came here three days later.

"I just missed Feng Mian so much! Feng Mian, Wei Xiu's bullying me again!"

That's right, this woman who acts like a girl towards her family and friends is Liu Ying.

"You could have gotten hurt, like always" his whole countenance were like that of King Yama.

Yep, and the man who just scolded her is Wei Xiu.

"But I didn't" she retorted back, her usual fiery stance made me smile in remembrance.

"You could have" he argued as always, looking for loopholes around her statement.

"And I didn't!"

The two of them stared at each other and for a long time, I just knew that storms and hurricanes wouldn't be able to par up with their fight.

Wow, this is going to be a long night then.

Notes:

Mary Sue, is a generic name for any fictional character who is so competent or perfect that this appears absurd, even in the context of the fictional setting.
Gold finger is basically a cheat
King Yama is essentially the King of Hell.

***
Hi people! Sorry if it's a bit of like a filler chapter! Anyway, thank you so much for the support!

Lots of love to you my fellow people!

Stay safe and healthy as always!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!