◈ Chapter 16 ◈

16 | ENCOUNTER

╼ ╾

"I thought you won't take me out to dinner tonight", Taehyung let out a chuckle after hearing my implausible statement.

"Do you think of me as a jerk?", He asked as he munched on his food but still looking at me.

"Well...kind of. The way you behaved recently, everyone would think of you as a jerk", he shook his head in disbelief before cleaning the side of his mouth with a napkin.

"You don't know me well then", He got up as I looked at him and then my food.

"Are we already leaving? I haven't finished my dinner yet", I quoted as he looked at me with a bit of smile.

"Relax, you can eat your food. I'm just going to the toilet, be right back", He winked at me before walking away.

Such a flirt.

I was about to focus right back at eating my food but the atmosphere around me somehow felt so dull and strange.

I felt insecure.

I took deep breaths as I looked around me feeling someone staring at me, but I found no one.

There were only three to four conserved tables, considering that Taehyung booked our table far away from public.

A sigh of relief left me as I turned back to my food but jerking and flinching as soon as I saw one particular figure leaning on the chair that Taehyung once sat on.

The person I least wanted to see this instant.

"Jungwoo", I whispered before dropping my fork as his lips curved up into a smirk.

"What happened? Surprised?", I shook my head with a nervous laugh as he sat on the chair.

"Are you on a date? With who?", He asked lifting up one of his eyebrows, giving me a questioning look.

I scoffed as I heard him. "Who are you to interfere in my life?", crossing my arms, I glared at him.

The way he behaved these days, trying to get closer to me, I hated it.

"Chill. I won't spoil your date with your hubby", He gave out a sarcastic look before getting up from his seat.

"Just wanted to ask you, why are you avoiding me?", He asked as he stared down at me who was still glaring at him.

"Ask yourself. I'm married now, know your limits", I rolled my eyes before getting up from the chair.

"I think I should take my leave. You can eat the leftovers", I winked and was about to surpass him when he harshly held my arm dragging me right at my place.

"Don't test my patience, Park Jieun", He stated as I tried to wriggle out of his strong grip.

"It's Kim Jieun for you. Now let me go", Hearing my statement he held my wrist even tighter then before.

"I'm not here to ruin or spoil your dear date with your hubby, just don't ignore me ever again", He said as his tone changed into a bit fierce one.

"Or else?"

"Or else...", he chuckled before continuing, "you'll see. But I'm guaranteeing you, it won't be good", He stating before letting my wrist go and I held it, hissing in pain.

"You're such a jerk. I even regret crushing over you back in highschool, bastard", stomping my feet in anger, I turned to the opposite side but before I could even go further I saw Taehyung glaring at me. Correction, the man behind me.