12

"I'm sorry, I don't think its safe for us to all be together in one group..." You explained to Melissa. "It makes a much easier target for Amy with us all in one place..."
 Her hopeful smile droops. "I see, I understand. Smart thinking if I'm honest!" As Melissa is talking, Wilbur spots a familiar group of girls in the distance. You notice his expression change to dread. Wilbur stands up rather quickly and perks a strange question "Can you climb?" Melissa looks at him puzzled.
 "Yes, why?" Melissa's face turns to worry and you spot the girls which are as blind as bats and haven't seen you yet. You turn around and begin to climb the large bulky oak tree.
 "This is the only time we're going to help you, then you have to go." He said sternly. Melissa,  Wilbur and you grapple up the tree and reach a small dip at the top where you can easily sit and watch the people walk past. Eagerly, you peer over the edge at the passersby. The group of girls meander past and don't spot you- apart from one. You look down at her in fear while she looked back in understanding and nodded. The girl turned back to the group and said nothing, just listened to the ongoing conversation. Slowly, you turn to Melissa "You weren't kidding when you said she hurt a lot of you..." She looked away at that remark.
 "I wasn't, no..."
 Wilbur dangles his legs over the edge of the tree, "coast is clear, lets go." Sure enough, you all slid down with no threats in sight.
 "Thanks- I guess I'll get going now. If you need me, just call me!" Melissa smiled softly and handed you a card with her number on it with a smiley face to the right of the number. She began to slowly jog down the path, the opposite direction in which the squad went. You held Wilburs hand as you watched her disappear into the distance.
 "Lets go home" Wilbur said softly as you both began to walk down the path.

 As you got in the door, you heard your phone vibrating like mental from the living room table.
 It was your parents.