43.

It had been a month and Haider was still nursing his broken heart.
He had tried everything, for drowning himself in work, to have a different women in bed every night, he had even sinned and used alcohol as a crutch to get over the pain of betrayal.

Haider spent more time now training and working than he did with his family, he had stopped taking care of his health or appearance, the bags under his eyes and his un groomed beard gave him a fierce look.

Haider woke up in the morning for his prayer, he kneeled down on his prayer mat and made his dua.

Maybe today he should ask Allah why was he tormenting him ? Why had he played such a move that Haider was left so broken. Why did she leave him so broken.

As he made his dua, a single tear fell from him cheek.
'Just end this torture mere rabb. Help me get over it or incapacitate me to feel this pain.'

Haider was tired of sulking, of being a living corpse. He knew his attitude and mood was effecting everyone around him as well.

As Haider got ready for the day, ready to leave for the court an unexpected guest made her entry into his chamber.

"What brought you here this morning ?" He asked trying to sound cheerful but his eyes failed him.

She could read him like an open book and watching him suffer like this was killing her everyday. She walked towards him and wrapped her arms around him.

"Stop doing this to yourself Hadi, stop doing this to us. We are dying watching you torture yourself everyday over someone so worthless, just come back to us." Noor said holding on to her brother.

"You think I like it, you think I don't know I'm causing you all pain as well, if you know how to stop this pain Noori tell me and I'll do it."

"Open yourself to new things Hadi, let people in, let there be a option of falling in love and being loved open." She said holding his hand between her own warm palms.

"Noor it's not eas-."

"Easy ? I know. I know it's difficult but you at least have to try Haider." Noor said pulling him towards his bed and making him sit on the foot end taking a seat beside him.

"She made her choice Haider, but why should you suffer because of the choices she made, why should we suffer." She looked at him in the eye. "It's time you think about letting someone in."

"Noor plea-."

"No Hadi, listen to me. Maybe Allah tala is punishing you for hurting Zulekha, in your rage and madness for revenge you broke her, maybe it's time to rectify your mistakes Hadi, think about it. There is a girl who loves you more than herself, don't go pinning for someone who doesn't." Noor said getting up from the bed slowly, her hand over her now visible small baby bump and left Haider to think.

•••

In the past month Meera had lost her will to live. She hadn't left her room and the only people whom she had seen were Hania, Jamila and Ammi Be.

Meera ate only enough to survive, she had reduced down to bones, her once health pink skin was now pale and lifeless, that was pretty much how she herself felt, lifeless.

Hania and Jamila constantly kept her company,there were times they would spend the night in her room, watching over her in case she tried taking her own life.

Meera rarely spoke, almost never smiled, just stared at the balcony conjoining the kings chamber.

"..then I told her to go and look inside the trunk, and guess what that's exactly where she found it." Hania tried to entertain Meera with one of her stories.