All Might And Nezu Get A Few Calls

The first call Nezu got, he can honestly say he was not expecting, it was about two weeks after the USJ, the day after the first year's sports festival, and Nezu had planned for a lot of things for the second years, but he was not prepared for this.

It was during the second event that he got a call from Tsukauchi, not unusual per say, probably about a case or something, Nezu answers on the third ring.

Before he can get a greeting out, the detective is already saying, "come get your student Nezu. I don't know how, but he managed to get into the Nomu's cell without any alarms going off. The officers are going crazy."

Nezu is already texting All Might to retrieve their student, only letting a little of the amusement he feels color his words as he asks, "which student you are referring to, Detective?"

"Midoriya, of course, don't act like you don't know."

"And may I ask what he is doing with the Nomu?"

There was a long pause before the detective answers, slight awe in his mostly confused and panicked voice, "sleeping."

Nezu blinked, again, not what he was expecting, "I'm sorry?"

"He's sleeping on it. Curled up like a cat." Ah, and that's the tone of someone who has given up trying to understand, he has now joined Aizawa in that endeavor.

"I see...." Nezu says, trying to suppress his smile, "Yagi is on his way to pick the boy up if you'd be kind enough not to bother him until he gets there."

There's a hum of agreement before the words register then a soft, "thank Kami," and Nezu has lost the battle with his smile, "have a good day, Detective."

The greeting is returned and Nezu ends the call, only to immediately turn to his computer to find pictures of what is almost definitely something Nezu needs to see. And he's right. He saves the pictures of Izuku draped across the Nomu's shoulders like a scarf, curled in it's lap like a cat, and even the video of the Nomu copying Izuku and curling up on the ground with Izuku snuggled safely within it's arms.

Nezu does not question how the boy got the creature to move when no professional could prior to bringing it in, he's not foolish enough to think that he'll be able to figure it out without the boy telling him. When All Might gets there, he immediately takes pictures to send to the group chat, captioned "called in on my day off to deal with this chaos". After that, he was quick to extract the boy from the Nomu's grip (the Nomu looked reluctant to let him go, but did so without a fight). And that marked the end of that mess and the relapse of Nezu's boredom.

Nezu was starting to consider putting Hatsume in the support labs underground so she'd have less contact with Midoriya, but soon came to the conclusion that not even three hundred feet of earth could keep him away from her if he wanted. He had just fielded more than two dozen calls from major support companies, not just in Japan and I-Island, but also in the Americas, China, Korea, and Europe asking about one Hatsume invention or another. 

Turns out that Izuku had helped Mei make ten revolutionary technological items in the last five hours that were then somehow leaked to a select few of the best support companies around. To figure out how such a thing happened (other than the fact that that was just Izuku), he looked through the cameras. And, well, he saw something, he wasn't entirely sure it was human, but it was something.

Izuku had stumbled through the support lab's doors seven hours prior, looking like some unholy cross between drunk, high, and extremely caffeinated. In other words, he looked like he was on whatever drug Hatsume was born on. And it terrified and excited Nezu in equal measure. One Hatsume was enough to throw UA into chaos everyday, but two of them? The second of which already threw UA (and the heroics world) into a different kind of chaos? The ending would either be extraordinary or catastrophic, but both promised to be spectacular to watch, Nezu couldn't wait.