Chapter 50: common enemies

How's your day been?

Mine: pretty shit but we move.
Also I'm currently on a three hour car drive and my brother is blasting Tupac on the highway. It's honestly a vibe.

——————————————————————

Sienna's POV:

"You're doing a lot of talking for someone who has yet to tell me ANYTHING!" I roll my eyes at Abel.

"Alright sweetheart, since you have been so patient, I'll tell you want you want to know."

I cringe at his tone and his choice of words.
Sweetheart? He won't be saying the same thing when I decapitate his eyeballs or his other balls.

I'll let him choose.

"Just tell me why I'm here and what the fuck you want?" I groan aggressively.

"Well, you my dear are a Verna. The last remaining Verna may I add." He explains.

You may not, but carry on.

"Meaning, I have to simply...kill you, I could enslave you but then I'm sure I'll have a whole lot of you Italian specimens at my doorstep and I'd like to avoid that." He explains.

Too much dirty work for you bitch?

What an ass.
"Go ahead, you must be mistaking me for someone who cares to live." I chuckle.

I know I know, I got issues.
It's not that I don't want to be alive, it's just, I'm not afraid of dying especially not at the hands of this lanky stick.

Or maybe Dominico's black soul is rubbing off on you?

"I will, once I have gotten all I needed from you both physical and useful purposes." He smirks.

He will not touch me, I will make sure of it.
Is what I tell myself, hoping I can hold onto it.

"It's a shame, if you're mother was alive, your life could have been spared but she's...six feet under." He chuckles.

My face twitches at his words, but I manage to hide it from him.
Did he just say if my mom was alive?

Siri how do I throw my mom under the bus?

No. I can't rat her out, they would kill her and even though she's the worst mother in the world for letting them kill me so she could survive, I can't do the same to her.
I'm a better person than her, I'll die for her.

"Welp, she is dead so go on let me join her." I roll my eyes.

"All in good time." He says walking out the room and leaving me shivering, hungover and in mental pain not to mention, prisoner to my thoughts.

I hate it here.

...

Groaning, I tap into my...what is it? Inner resilience?
I have thrown up multiple times, I feel bloated and all in all, I'm just sore.

Don't worry, I managed to throw up on his expensive carpets.

It's pretty much the only leverage I have.

I have to keep myself conscious, if I doze off then I pretty much let go of the very little control that I obtain over this situation and rule number one is to always be in control.

Well actually that's rule number 100, I have possibly broken every rule of protection that I have ever been taught.

Oops.