Chapter 19

'Simple things'

Narrator's pov

"At this hour, I think you hate me." Chaeyoung stood in front of her building with her hand on her right hip.

Chaeyoung couldn't lie to herself, she was indeed nervous. She even pulled sooyoung in her room to help her find an outfit, because
y/n's words of 'comfortable outfit' wasn't it.

Y/n smiled leaning on her car, trying her best not to think about the incident with her mother. She wants to give Chaeyoung her full attention and worry about her problems the next day.

"Oh I do. I hate you so much." Y/n exaggerated on her voice that made Chaeyoung roll her eyes annoyed at her behaviour.

Y/n opened her car's passenger door open for her date to come in. Chaeyoung felt at awe as she walked towards the car and y/n.

When both girls were ready to go to their first location, Y/n drove them to a hotel where there is a nice restaurant for them to eat.

"How was meeting your mom?" Chaeyoung asked, her body was facing y/n and had her attention directly to y/n.

"Oh you know, I didn't see her. I just signed and left." Y/n smiled forcefully hoping the subject would die down.

Chaeyoung however know something is wrong but can't find the strength to ask. It is suppose to be a fantastic night with the girl she likes, not another emotional event.

"Okay so where are we going? I keep freaking out earlier so tell me." Chaeyoung held Y/n's hand that was resting on her side.

"I told you to relax and let me handle tonight." Y/n said looking at her side for a second and back to the road. She didn't want to worry her for this night because she wants to make it all about her for once.

"I know I know, but-"

"No buts, I said I'll give you a quiet night just the two of us and that's what I will do." Y/n spoke from her heart that made Chaeyoung smile warmly.

The two of them talked comfortably to each other while y/n drives them to their location. It kept y/n's mind off of her problems whenever she talks to Chaeyoung.

However, it didn't feel right to y/n. Yes she loves being around Chaeyoung but it just makes her feel guilty. Guilty because she thinks that's what Chaeyoung does. She is always there for her and never for the other one.

She wanted to get to know the girl but she doesn't know how to. Chaeyoung spends her time with her, trying to make y/n turn her life around just for her to be happy.

"You brought me to a hotel?" Chaeyoung asked chuckling on her seat. She always knew they were having dinner not an overnight in a hotel.

"Yes and we're having dinner. Probably walk on the beach and trash their thousand dollar hotel room." Y/n said and it made Chaeyoung chuckle at her effort.

'It's cute' she thought. Y/n isn't a sappy romantic and Chaeyoung knows that. It's the effort that counts, always.

"I didn't bring clothes with me, not even a bathing suit." Chaeyoung whined and it made y/n laugh.