CAPITOLO QUARANTA- Entanglements

"So tell me how to resist what we have when it feels right. The moments that I'm with you, I forget about the issues." -Snoh Aalegra

Brooklyn, New York📍
7:00 am
January 25th '19

Michael's truck pulls into the car park of one of the Cartel's many warehouses. The young Kingpin was a little on edge this morning as he and the boys were expecting a very special delivery, one that they had been waiting on for a long time now.

Pulling out his phone that was vibrating in his pocket, his heart immediately warms when he notices the name on the caller ID.

"Good morning Mickey," Rheah sings from the other side of the phone when he answers, "I hope I didn't wake you up."

Michael smiles, "Nah, shorty you good, I'm already on the move, wassup?"

"Well, I was just calling you to remind you about our bet. Today's the day, I'm waiting for my butler."

"Don't rub it in and shit," Michael could hear the grin in her voice and he rolls his eyes. "But aye look, I'm so sorry I can't come over right now...something came up and I gotta deal with it."

"Is everything okay? You sound a lil stressed."

"Nah, I'm good Rhee, thanks for asking. Imma make it up to you though, I'll come over later and from there, I can be your personal slave. I'll even throw in a shopping spree," Michael smiles.

"Ooo I like the sound of this." Rheah grins, "I accept. What time you gonna be over?"

Michael rubs a hand down his face, "Should be done around 3 so probably around 5."

"Alright, well the mall closes at 8 so I think we should head there first, then when we get back, I'll have a list of chores for you to do."

Michael scoffs, "One day I'm Aladdin, the next I'm Cinderella. The fuck do I look like next, Goofy?"

"Maybe," Rheah laughs, "Anyways I gotta go get CiCi ready for day care, have a good day."

"Kiss my baby for me, be safe," Michael smiles as he walks over to the warehouse, "Bye, Rhee."

"I will, bye Mickey."

Michael was about to hang up the phone but she stops him.

"Wassup?" He asks.

He hears her sigh over the phone, "You heard from Kyle? He hasn't been answering my calls."

A tinge of annoyance surges through Michael but he quickly brushes it off. He looks up and around the warehouse space to see all of the Six Kings' cars, meaning the boys were already at B-block in the meeting room.

"Yeah, I'm actually 'bout to meet him now. I'll let him know you been calling and ask him wassup."

"Thank you, Mickey. I really do care about him. I don't want us to end like that, you know."

Michael sighs in understanding, "I know. I hear you, don't stress it ma, Imma talk to him. If it's meant to be then it will be."

"Mhm, thanks Mickey, take care."

"You too, bye."

He hangs up the phone, letting out a sigh. He couldn't be mad at the fact Rheah was still chasing after Kyle but a part of him wished she would see that he too, had feelings for her.

Making his way over to B-block, Michael nods at the security guards as they, along with the workers acknowledge and greet him. After taking the elevator up to the second floor, he walks down the corridor to the last door, pushing it open and steps inside. The Six Kings were already waiting for him in the room.