CAPITOLO QUARANTAUNO- Duty Calls

"Didn't they tell you that I was a savage?" -Rihanna

The Bronx, New York📍
8:30 am
January 26th '19

"Okay baby girl, you've tried Daddy's," Rheah says, swapping the plates, "Now try mine."

"Okay Mommy." Cienna grins, digging into her stack of strawberry, blueberry and syrup covered pancakes.

After Rheah and Michael had woken up from their sleep early this morning, Michael was making moves to leave when Cienna had rushed in just in time to catch him leaving and begged him to stay for breakfast.

Not being able to decline his daughter's pleas and after getting the okay from Rheah, Michael decided to stay. During the course of deciding on what to have for breakfast, the two parents found themselves in a playful argument of who made breakfast better and ended up in a pancake making competition which Cienna would be the judge of.

"Ooo this is so yummy!" Cienna nods, stuffing a pancake slice into her mouth."Sorry Daddy, but I like Mommy pancakes better."

Michael smacks his lips playfully while Rheah smirks, turning to him. "So Mickey, you wanna pay up now or later 'cus our daughter has spoken."

Rolling his eyes, Michael pulls out his wallet and hands her a crisp $100 dollar bill. "Just 'cus I'm giving you this don't mean I lost. I know you and our daughter tryna scam me but it's cool."

"Scam? Scam?" Rheah shrieks, mimicking Blac Chyna. "Fool, you lost fair and square, my baby don't ever lie. So take your L like a man and this plate and go eat your breakfast." She hands him a plate of the pancakes she made.

Michael takes the plate from her, smirking as he walks around the breakfast bar to the chairs and takes a seat next to Cienna. "I don't take L's sweetheart, they're called delayed W's. And the only reason I'm taking this plate is to see what all the hype is about."

"Boy, the only reason you taking the plate is because your pancakes over there crumbling and looking sad as hell." Rheah laughs, pointing over to Michael's attempt of pancakes stacked in a pile close to the sink.

"Keep laughing Rhee and see if I don't tip your plate over and make you eat them."

"You wouldn't dare." Rheah scoffs taking her plate and walks around the bar, smacking Michael upside the head on her way past him and takes the other seat next to Cienna.

Michael smirks, "Then why'd you run for?"

"Ain't nobody running from you, Mickey, I just wanna eat my breakfast in peace next to my daughter and away from her salty ass daddy." Rheah pops a strawberry into her mouth with a smile.

Michael rolls his eyes playfully at her. "Anways, what's your plans for the day?"

"Well, I gotta do some grocery shopping, then I told Cici I would help her build that castle Lego set she got for her birthday. Then I–"

The sound of a bedroom door opening catches Rheah mid-sentence, causing her to furrow her eyebrows in confusion. Michael's expression mimics hers instantly.

"Rhee, you good?" Michael asks with his voice full of concern.

Rheah nods, turning her body slightly towards the sound of padding feet. Subconsciously, she grips the butter knife in her hand, waiting for the person to surface. Michael, who was still confused, looks towards the direction Rheah was facing, just in time to see Cataleya slugging her way into the kitchen.

"Leya?" Rheah visibly relaxes though her face still showed confusion. "I thought you were spending the night at Chris'?"

"No, I wasn't feeling well so I came back home to take some medicine and rest." Cataleya grumbles, walking over to the fridge.