Chapter 26

It was Ophelia, Cedric, Luca and Naomi's last night at Mykonos, and after a week of exploring the beautiful island, they returned one last time to the beachside hotel. 

"Once I pass my apparition test, I'm apparating here every weekend." Luca yelled as he cannonballed in. The resort pool was a infinity pool that ran along the tanning lounge area, facing the vast Mediterranean ocean that wrapped around the island. Seeing as it was already 3am, there was no one else in the area.

"I highly doubt I'll pass mine, so bring me along please." Ophelia joined him, sighing in content as she felt the cool water on her skin. 

Cedric thought Ophelia looked exceptionally good tonight, even though, to him, she looked good every night. She was wearing a sparkly midnight blue swimsuit that shimmered under the pool's lights, the soft moonlight in the starry night sky that lit up the curves of her body.

"I'll be turning 17 this coming September—I can take you here during the holidays, just you and me." Cedric crept up to a swimming Ophelia, wrapping his arms around her waist.

Ophelia's grinned widened, pecking him on the cheek. "You're the best boyfriend I've had."

"Who am I being compared to?" 

"Asshat Andrew and Dickhead Daniel." 

Cedric looked at Ophelia with amusement, chuckling. "Do I get a name too?"

"Crack-head Cedric?" came Naomi's voice from next to Luca.

"Cedric the Cheap Creep?" Ophelia joined in.

Cedric gasped, unwrapping his arms around her. "I brought you to Mykonos, and I'm the cheap one?"

"Deadbeat Diggory?" 

"You could share a name with Dickhead Daniel."

"Cut him some slack," Luca laughed, swimming over to join the conversation. "But, I've got a good one—Dingbat Diggory."

"Dingbat? What does that even mean?" Cedric laughed, shoving Luca lightly into the water.

"You, Diggory."

⟠ ⟠ ⟠ 

"I just had the nicest shower ever" Ophelia flopped down on the hotel beds Cedric and her pushed together, her wet hair dripping onto the towel she laid below her. She had actually been sharing a room with Naomi for the past week since she had just met Luca, and also wanted to spend the short time she had with her best friend before they had to go back to school. Now that Luca and Naomi were friends—maybe even more than that, Ophelia would like to think—she was actually the one to suggest that Ophelia share a room with Cedric for their last night. 

Cedric was reading a book, his own dripping wet hair leaving a mark on the sheets as he propped his head on his hands, turning to look at Ophelia—she never failed to take his breath away, especially in his own t shirt.

"I wish we could spend forever here—I'm dreading to start studying for the OWLS." 

"I'll help you study, if you'd like. Transfiguration's my strongest subject." Cedric offered, inching closer to her.

"I might have to take you up on that offer," Ophelia said, turning so that she was facing him, their faces dangerously close to each other. "But again, would we be doing much studying?"

Ophelia laughed when she saw his cheeks flush pink, a sight she had gotten used to seeing. "Uh-I-yes?"

Ophelia shifted even closer to him, if that was possible. She could feel his minty toothpaste breath on hers, here eyes drifting to the water droplets slipping down his face. "You don't sound very sure, Diggory."

Before Cedric could respond, Ophelia took advantage of his open mouth and closed the tantalising distance between them. He responded quickly, now used to the impromptu kisses from Ophelia. Their lips moulded together perfectly, neither wanting to release each other to gasp for air. Cedric rolled on top of her, wrapping his arms around her neck, pulling them closer than ever. She could smell the fresh hotel shampoo on him, and he could smell it on her too, the same scents mingling together. 

"Ophelia..." Cedric groaned when she grabbed a fistful of his wet hair, tugging on it slightly when he slipped his tongue in. She let a chuckle out in between kisses, whispering, "yes?", and getting another quiet groan in response.

They finally broke apart when the hotel phone started ringing by their bedside. Ophelia groaned in annoyance when he rolled off her to pick up the phone.

"Hello?" Cedric asked hastily.

"Why the harsh tone, pretty boy?" came Luca's voice from the other end of the line. Ophelia was about to grab the phone and tell Luca that he had just interrupted an amazing makeout session when Luca laughed. "Oops, I'm sorry, did I interrupt something?"

Cedric ran his hands through his hair, rolling his eyes even though Luca couldn't see him. "Yes, you did. What do you want?"

"Just a reminder for you lovebirds to go to sleep—we have to catch the train tomorrow." Luca cheekily responded.

Cedric didn't even bother to respond, putting the phone down. 

"What did he want?" Ophelia asked, placing her hands on his chest.

"To remind us to go to sleep," Cedric mumbled. "He's right, it's almost sunrise—we still have to catch our floo appointment."

Ophelia yawned, succumbing to the fatigue from their activities from the past week. "I think he's right, for onc..." 

Cedric chuckled, letting his arm rest around hers, glancing down at the girl lying in his chest, whose eyes were already drooping. "Goodnight Ophelia," he whispered, placing a kiss on her forehead, wondering how he got so lucky when he drifted off to sleep too.

⟠ ⟠ ⟠ 

Conversation with: Luca

IGNORE
where did u and Fee go
I feel lonely in the compartment

CEDRIC
hello Luca
tis is ur favorite American

IGNORE
Naomi?

CEDRIC
ah fair
just that she's half a country away
and I'm on Ced's phone...

IGNORE
a guy can dream
where are you guys?

CEDRIC
I had to go pee
and then he had to go pee
dw ur parents are coming soon

IGNORE
damn
i missed the hot babysitter

They're back at Hogwarts! And the third year is almost ending. Get ready for some Harry and Ophelia bonding... and goblet of fire to come! Thanks so much for reading and voting! :))