you're scared to throw up

You couldn't help the trembling of your hands as you gripped at the tiles on the floor while your stomach continued to flip again and again. Even though it hurt, you were trying to ignore the growing urge to vomit.

You'd dry heave occasionally while Hailee would rub your shoulder blades comfortingly. You could tell though, by the crack in her voice and the way she'd exhale shakily on occasion, that it was hurting her to see you in this state.

You were warm. Your skin was clammy and feverish. Hailee was almost certain that you had the flu considering it has been going around a lot lately, and you were pretty sure that's what you had, too.

Your stomach turned again and you had no other choice but to let your lips part as you dry heaved yet again. You hung your head and groaned miserably. You were desperate for this to stop. But you couldn't do what it took to make that happen.

"Honey," Hailee whispered softly in your ear, lips trailing against the shell in a comforting manner. "You're not gonna feel better till you throw up."

You shook your head, insistant that you couldn't. It's one of your greatest fears. The sound, the feeling, everything.

"I can't." You whimpered, but not just from the fear you felt. But also from the growing urge to vomit that was coming over you yet again.

"You can. It's alright. I know you're afraid but you can let it all go. I'll still be here with you. You know you're safe when I'm around. So let it go. Let it all out so we can go back to bed and you can sleep, like you deserve."

You took in a shaky breath as the bile rose again. This time, you didn't hold back. You let it out. Although painful and scary, having Hailee there with you while it happened made it a little easier to go through.

"That's it. You're gonna be okay, baby." She cooed as she continued to brush her hands along your shoulder blades until you finished a few minutes later.

You wiped your mouth and then let your head fall back against her chest. You caught your breath while Hailee reached around to flush the toilet for you.

"Feel any better?"

You waited a moment to see if the terrible feeling would return, but thankfully it didn't.

"Yeah. Can we go back to bed now? Please?" You asked her as you tilted your head back to look at her. Eyes heavy and tired, you only wanted to get back in bed to sleep.

"Of course, my love. Wanna brush your teeth first though?"

The thought of it made you whine. But you needed to and you wanted to; you wanted that icky taste that lingered to get out of your mouth before it made you sick again.

With her help, you managed to stand on your own two feet and get to the sink. You brushed your teeth and, most importantly, brushed your tongue, grateful when that taste was gone.

You leaned on her as she turned the light off and helped you into bed. She climbed in beside you after making sure you had everything you may need. Rubbing your stomach carefully, she heard you hum contently. You looked like you were feeling a little better and that was a big relief to her.

"Sleep well, baby. I'll be right here if you need me." She promised and laid a few kisses to your forehead. Your eyelashes fluttered for a few seconds until you drifted off to sleep, thankful to be feeling better now; thanks to Hailee always being there when you need her the most.