01

Everyone was so busy because we have a lot of patients in emergency room, I just came in my office and I received a lot of cases. Some are injured and some are sick, I wore my white coat and surgical mask, I went outside and I ran towards the emergency room.

Everyone was panicking and doing their task, some are crying because some patients are reviving.

It's the life of a doctor, even if you're soft hearted, you can't let that emotions win. You need to be strong enough to face what's happening in reality.

"Dra. Smith, Mayroon pong pasyente na kailangan ng tulong niyo."

I turned my body when I heard a nurse speak, I nod at her and she gestured me to follow her. We walked until we reached the lobby of the hospital, I saw an elderly lady, she's sobbing while carrying a bible on her chest.

I ran until I reached her side, I examine her and I think she's in pain.

"Nurse, wheelchair!" I called the nurse and they immediately nod at me.

I help an old lady to fix herself and I rubbed her back, this is what we need to do to calm our patients. To make them feel comfortable and free.

"Ma'am, We're almost there... Please be strong okay..." I softly said while guiding her to sat down normally in the waiting area.

The discomfort was noticeable in her eyes and I think she's that aged to feel this kind of pain. She looks so weak but I can see that she's enduring the pain for her life.

"H-Hija, kapag dumating ang a-anak ko... Pasuyo naman, pakisabing m-mahal na mahal ko sila..." She whispered between her hard breathing.

I nod at her and doing my best to calm her, I know she's strong and I know she loves her relatives that will make her fight for this battle. Her body was not thin and I can't just see by looking what her illness is.

"You love them?" She nodded, "Then fight for this battle, they are waiting for you."

I smiled and she smiled back, finally, the wheelchair came and I help the nurse let an old lady sit down. I told them to bring her to the emergency room for her to prioritize in the hospital.

I was about to ran when I felt someone holding my coat tightly, I turned my body and I saw a little boy crying. He's wearing dirty clothes and his tears were streaming down to his face.

"D-Doc... Pagalingin niyo po si Inay ko po, ito lang po ang maibibigay ko..." He handed me an orange bill.

He's crying because he knows that they don't have money for the recovery of his Mom, I can't help it and my eyes rapidly watered because of sadness.

I kneel and I held his shoulder, I touched his hands and I closed it with the money inside. I reached my handkerchief and I wiped his tears.

"Don't worry, Doktora will do everything to save your Mom. Just pray, okay?" I asked and He quickly nod.

I tousled his hair but I stopped when I recognize his face...

This is—-

"Jason! Nasaan si Inay?!" I turned my body and I saw a familiar face.

He's wearing his white polo shirt, black jeans, and black shoes. Mukhang galing pa siya sa training and He just came here because of her Mom.

"K-kuya!" His brother cried and ran towards him, our eyes met that made him flinched.

I didn't waste my time and I walked towards him, I looked straight to his eyes and sighed.