PRESENT - coming to find you

Kaneki's PoV:

I felt as my chains slowly became lose... I felt numb and cold...

...

...

...

I am a ghoul.

...

...

...

"Kaneki, let me take from you!" Yakumo approaches the chair I sat in and laughs maniacally.

My chains started to fall. I jumped out of my chair and used the chains to choke Yakumo, jumping away once noticing he started to attack. I went to kick his face, but he grabbed my ankle and turned it away causing it to break, I used my other leg to hit him around the head, causing him to pummel to the other side of the room. My ankle twisted back into place. He attacked again and swung me into the wall causing debris to crumble over the checkered tiles. I got back onto my feet and attacked him a few more times, trying to get a good stab.

Hide's PoV:

I stand still as I watched the others, we were all draped in red cloaks, soon hearing a rumbling as something started up, then seeing a motorbike coming up. All that could be heard from the upstairs was gunshots and soon an explosion. A loud and roaring crowd charged which alerted all the ghouls. There were blood splatters coming from all angles, this place was hell... it didn't seem like anyone was going to survive...

I ran away from the area, but it seemed anywhere I ran to there were dead people. I had nothing to protect myself, the CCG had weapons and so did the ghouls. But none of them had ever given me anything to protect myself! Most of the other ghouls don't even know I'm a human due to us all wearing the same thing. Will I even be able to survive my own rescue mission?

Kaneki's PoV:

I watched as Yakumo lays on the floor. I click my pointer finger " so you have no room to complain." I said, pulling the centipede out of my ear and left it on the floor as I started to walk. I stood outside the room and put my mask on. I needed to find Hide.