MTM.44

never better

A mellow hum of delight escaped past the boundary of my lips as a foreign feeling lightly nudging against my neck awoke me. The time that had passed was full of forgotten dreams, all long gone to the human mind. My eyelashes fluttered mindlessly as my subconscious encouraged the perplexing movement with open arms. My bottom lip falling open slightly.

There was a soft pressure resting against the underside of my left facing jawline, and my stomach flickered with lively butterflies as I felt a gentle caress hover over my round cheek; a solid form faintly skimmed my eyelashes as they relaxed under the call of sleep.

The familiar sensation introduced itself the same way as he usually would; demanding and overflowing with an unignorable passion.

A quick spark of lightning darted across my neck as I felt a hot sliver flick at the curve, skimming the nerves, and my hand naturally darted up to touch the foreign feeling. However, instead of coming into contact with what I thought would be my most recent wound, my palm felt the warmth of another's chiselled cheek and the corner of someone else's full bottom lip as they continued without pause to place open-mouthed kisses along the area.

Well, it's not exactly rocket science—there's only one person it could be.

Just as I felt the bridge of Morpheus' nose shift across the edge of my jaw to push at the lobe of my pierced ear, I heard something new. And, even though it was nearly buried beneath the overpowering murmur of a throaty purr, it was still catchable.

It was the quizzical and continuous click of the door trying to open, followed with a clipped knock as though the visitor stopped themself just before they would have begun pounding at the wooden board that was separating the two of us from those who wandered the hallway outside.

My eyes widened at the realization of the intimate moment; the action that I was embracing with loving arms, the idea of rejection eliminated from my mind at the sense of contentment, and the growing anticipation to be undisturbed. Despite the euphoric feeling of calm claiming my physical and mental form, I was abruptly turned to be wide awake and hyper-aware of my surroundings.

Again, the click came, but this time it occurred after the sound of the knob being unlocked flooded the room.

The current of wind crowded the room with a whoosh, and the door whirled open with a signature resonate sound, the sudden changes would have surely achieved perfect silence if I hadn't been paying as much attention as I actually was. The action was followed with a low buzz of disapproval emitting from someone else.

"I will not warn you again. You cannot lock the door. And, you need to leave the bandage on, please and thank you," a feminine and snarky voice accompanied the racket of the door rasping open, pure annoyance dripping off her tongue as she scolded the man who was taking up all the space on the extremely cushioned yet flat bed. "Honestly, out of everybody in this entire manor, and it's you I have to worry about."

A reverberating growl ascended throughout the room, leaving a thick darkness to envelop us in a lover's embrace, the guttural sound being pronounced into my ear and sending shivers across the bits of my body.

As a result of my own withstanding shyness and possibly shame, my body jolted up in an attempt to pull the covers above me and hide underneath them, but it only resulted in starting a stinging agitation that began to rush my upper body. The undeniable mortification was now replaced with a truncated spasm of pain that was paired with a tight-lipped groan racing to slip out, but the atypically rough skin of my peony pink lips were sticking together like glue with insistent impact.