chapter 40 | Broken heart

The sound of my phone ringing interrupts us. I groan but keep her in my hold and roll on my back, grab my device, and pick up the call that comes from my boss, which is not usual during the weekend.

"Hello?" I frown but feel y/n pull the blanket up to make her embrace around me more snug. "Hello, I'm sorry to call you on a Sunday, but something happened at the office, and I need your help. Someone hacked the files that were saved for our next project, and we lost everything," he ruins the mood in which my baby put me.

I put the phone away and sigh from frustration, I was supposed to cuddle with her, to enjoy my day, but no, he had to ruin everything. "All right...I'm coming..." I answer him, reluctantly. "Thank you, see you in some minutes," he hangs up. I lock my phone and put my phone on the nightstand. "Do you have to leave...?" the disappointment resounds through her voice, and I run my fingers through her hair. "Yeah...someone hacked the computers at the office...the boss wants me to help him..."

"But you're not supposed to work today..." she slides up my body to cling onto me. "I know, baby," I press my lips on her cheek and roll over to be on top of her. I pamper her cheekbone with little kisses to fill her with love and compensate for leaving the house when I shouldn't have.

I move my head up at the feeling of her smiling, and I kiss her lips before separating us. I sit up at the edge of the bed and rise. "I promise I won't stay there for too long, okay?" I look at her, giving her my word. She nods but still leaves the bother on her face. "I'm taking a shower," I warn her and get to the bathroom.

20 minutes later...

I step out after getting fresh, which is something I needed after such a night. I set my eyes on y/n, who's on her phone, and I move up to our wardrobe to get my clothes out. I open the doors and pick them.

"Can I take a picture of your nice butt cheeks? Just so I can always remember them," the naughty girl surprises me with her question. I laugh but turn around, not believing what I heard. "Go ahead, I hope you enjoy the view," I play along and focus on the fabrics I need to take.

"Thank you, my sexy man," she giggles all by herself on the bed, making me soft. I grab a pair of gray, checked trousers and turn around to gaze at her. She looks over her phone to have her eyes on me and moves it down, leaving it on the side for me. "How much time will you take?"

"I don't know yet, baby," I tell her the truth, closing the button and zipper of my clothing. "Hm..." she tries to hide her pout, her eyes remaining on my torso. "Don't make this face, it breaks my heart," I smile at her but take the white pullover I choose. She gives me an even sadder face, knowing how weak I am for that. I close the doors behind me but step towards her. "Come here and give me a kiss."

She stands up and walks onto the bed to end into my arms and kisses my lips, her naked body being held by my arms. I smile at her and kiss her lips. "I love you. I'm coming home in a short time," I speak against her lips and put her back on the bed. "I love you too," she sits down and lays the blanket over her body.

I run my fingers through her hair and bend over to drop one last kiss on her head. Then I leave the room.

•••

2:40 pm.

"Thank you so much, Jungkook. I don't know what I would have done without you," he expresses his gratefulness as I only want to leave at this moment. "You're welcome," I force a smile and bow to him. I'm upset since he made me come here for no reason, this wasn't even hacked at all, the files were just stolen, and I could retrieve them easily because there was a copy.