Chapter 26- I'll Cover You

The song linked above will be referenced later in the chapter. It's also the name of the chapter.

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING: This chapter will contain a few spoilers about RENT. The show's been out for like 30 years at this point so I don't REALLY have a problem with it, but fair warning.

Anyway, onto the chapter.

"Have a great day, baby.

Love you!

Sean"

"Your eyes look especially gorgeous today.

Sean"

"Can't wait for tonight, Rabbit.

Make sure those lips are ready for me!

Sean"

I smile at the three papers littered on my desk. I'd finished getting ready for Sean a while ago, and now I'm just admiring his sweetness. Every morning since we got together, he's been writing me little love notes. I've only got three seeing as it's only been three days, but I love it just the same. Everytime I get to look at his sweet words, it just makes me far too giddy.

*DING DONG*

He's here!!

Without a moment's hesitation, I bolt down the stairs and open the door. Standing there is my Sean.

He looks perfect. He's wearing a red button down shirt with long tan pants. His hair has been swept back with what looks like hairspray, and he's holding a bouquet of red roses.

"Hey, Rabbit." Sean whispers with a smile. 

We had decided not to see each other outside of school until the date as we wanted to make it special. Apparently, this distance was rough on his end as he immediately steps forward and captures my lips in a heartmelting kiss. It's just as beautiful as last time, and it immediately leaves me breathless once he pulls away.

"These are for you." He hands me the beautiful flowers.

 I smile and give him a thank you. I run into the house, quickly deposit the flowers into a vase, and run back outside, not wanting to miss a moment of spending time together.

Sean reaches out for my hand, a gesture I gladly return. 

Like the gallant gentleman he's obviously striving to be, he makes a big show of opening the passenger door for me. "Here you are, my prince!"

I giggle. "Why, thank you, servant!"

As he gets in the other side, I can't take it any longer. "Sean, where are we going?"

He smirks as he starts the car. "Well, I thought we were going on a date."

I roll my eyes. "You know what I mean."

"Yeah, but I already told you it's a surprise. Plus, you're cute when you get annoyed with me."

Frick, I can't start blushing this quickly.

Sean laughs as he sees my face. I feel his hand entwine with mine on the center console. It's a nice feeling, being able to hold his hand without worry.

"You need to stop being embarrassed around me, Rabbit. I love literally everything about you, so there's no need to stress out."

I smile. I love this man.

"I can't even get a hint as to where we're going?"

He groans. "Fine. Here's your hint: It's a bit far away. About 45 minutes with traffic."