Chapter 32

"Camilla are you okay?" I looked at the door as I heard an alarmed voice on the other side.

I was sitting on the lid of the toilet with my face in my hands. Marcus knocked several times but I kept quiet.

"Please Camilla tell me what's wrong" He begged in despair knocking continuously.

I felt guilty for worrying him. So I decided to slightly open the door. Upon seeing me Marcus's mood lighted up and he sighed in relief.

"Camilla you've been in there for nearly half an hour. People are searching for you. Come"

"I can't come" I whispered, looking down to cover my face. I coudn't possibly tell him what was wrong.

"And why is that?"

My face flushed in embarrassment, pondering whether to tell him or not. He'd probably be disgusted and leave like one of my exes did. I bit my bottom lip harshly and decided to speak.

"I'm-i'm on my period" I said in a rush and quickly covered my face behind the door. I slowly raised my head to meet his eyes and he blinked deliberately, trying to grasp what I had just said.

Before he could say something I quickly closed the door. But he kept his foot, preventing me from doing so.

"Is there anything I can do?"

I looked up in shock and he gently held my hand, his thumb brushing against my knuckles.

"P-pads" I closed my eyes since this couldn't get any worse. I never talked about these things with men. Not even with the men in my family. Jake probably would've thought that I never had my periods.

"Where can I find them?"

"Um-in my suit case"

"Okay I'll be quick" he nodded and left.
Few minutes passed and I saw Marcus arriving with what I asked him to bring. He had one tucked inside his coat so that no one would see.

I thanked him and quickly changed before coming out.

But the immense pain was still there. I clutched my stomach and winced in pain as I wobbled out. Leaning my head against the door I closed my eyes and inhaled sharply to stop my lips from quivering at the unbearable pain.

I tried to take another step but felt the thin strap of my heel loose around my ankles. I bent down but groaned just as the pain worsened. Marcus quickly kneeled down and fastened the strap tightly.

"Marcus please get up. I can do it my-"

"Shh. Camilla let's go to our room. You are not well" Marcus said with his eyes glinting a hint of pain as he looked at the state I was in.

Sometimes these simple gestures gave me hope that he really loved me. But I couldn't jump to conclusions like that.

"No no I have to be at the event" I gave him a small apologetic smile and walked past him to the hall.

I composed myself and went to talk with some people. My eyes caught Marcus looking at me several times in worry. He kept looking at me to see if I was okay and every time I gave him a small nod, reassuring him.

I walked to a table and sat down as the event started. All fifty models will be walking on the stage introducing themselves to the media. The lights dimmed when the models started walking on the stage, giving their best first impression.

I felt Marcus sit on the chair next to mine. It was dark but his intoxicating scent was all too familiar to go unnoticed. He wrapped his hand around my waist and started gently rubbing my lower abdomen.