she loses the ring

You drifted along the water in the small boat that Sofia had rented out. The sun was only beginning to set now and there wasn't much sound around you other than the sound of the waves crashing from nearby.

"Are you enjoying yourself?"

You turned to your girlfriend with the brightest smile on your face. "Of course I am. Sofia, this is all so romantic. I'm having so much fun!"

She giggled. When you looked back out at the water she pulled a tiny velvet box out of her pocket. She was watching you to make sure you didn't turn her around and catch her in the act before she was able to get down on bended knee like she's been wanting to do for the last few days.

She pulled the ring out of the box and held it between her fingertips. She got down onto one knee but before she could get your attention to ask you that one question she's been dying to ask you, there was a sudden wave from beneath you. It caught her off guard, she wasn't expecting it to happen!

The ring had been loose in between her shaky fingers and it caused her worst nightmare to take place. The ring slid out of her hand and into the water with a tiny splash. She gasped and looked over the boat.

Curse words fell from her lips wildly, catching your attention right away.

"Sofia? What happened?"

She turned to look back at you. The smile that was once on her face had vanished completely. "I lost it!" She groaned and tugged at her hair.

"Lost what, baby?"

"The ring!" She exclaimed and your eyes widened.

"I had it all planned out! I was gonna make this unforgettable. I've had that ring hidden away till i got the courgae and I finally had it tonight. I can't believe I lost it! I just ruined the entire thing."

She sat down and buried her face in her hands. She was clearly angry at herself.

You knelt in front of her. It felt like your heart was gonna beat out of your chest from how wildly it was racing! You couldn't believe it! She was gonna propose! She was gonna ask you to marry her!

You heard her sniffle and the tug at your heart brought you back to reality. The ring was gone... but that didn't make any difference to you.

You licked your suddenly dry lips and said, "Yes."

Sofia lifted her head to look at you. "What?"

"I said yes." You grinned happily as you put your hand on her knee. "I'll say it a thousand times over again. If that's what will make you feel better."

She started to smile as her own heart started to race.

"Sofia, I love you with all of my heart. You could propose to me with a ring pop and I would wear it proudly."

She giggled and wiped the lonely tear from her eye. "Good to know. I'm gonna have to buy you another ring, so I guess I know just what to replace it with."

You both laughed.

"I know you think I'm joking but I'm serious. A ring made of paper would do just fine. I love you and I wanna spend forever with you, too. So, I say yes. I'll say it again and again and I'll mean it every single time."

The tears were long gone, the smile on her face unbreakable as she brought you in for a kiss. "I love you. I can't wait to spend forever with you, my beautiful fiancee ."

You kissed her again, looping your arms around her neck. You wished you could live in this moment forever. Even without a ring on your finger, you had never felt happier.

"Love you too, Sofia." You mumbled against her lips as you soaked up the moment with your now-fiancée .