𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚.

I 020

I 020. I

𝑪𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑪𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒔

❝ beckett ❞

     SHE HISSED AT THE BLOOD DRIPPING FROM HER KNEE. The girl pressed two fingers to the small cut to stop the red liquid from falling.

Her skateboard laid by her feet, and the girl groaned once she stood up. She limped to grab it and began walking down the driveway.

Ariadne smiled at the sight of the stickers on the board. It was purple with doodles along the entire thing. There were grape stickers and a panther sticker on the bottom, a gift from Annabeth for Christmas.

It was currently the last day before summer started and she had just finished school. The girl had ridden her skateboard home, keeping an eye out for any monsters that were trying to sneak up on her.

She had even more monster attacks than the year before. Hellhounds, snake women, even a Laistrygonian which was sent just for her. All of them talked in a long rant about how she was meant to die for the Titan cause, but they would never be able to fight back because she had already killed them while they were busy talking.

It had been a busy last few months. After Christmas Aria sent her back towards Miami. But her friends gave them their gifts before she could. She mailed theirs, and they had Iris-Messaged them once they opened them.

Annabeth had gotten her a new book and skateboard stickers. Grover had gifted her a white crop top that had a vine embellishment. Percy had given her a Polaroid camera, and she had told him how expensive they were, but he refused to take it back.

She spent her time taking photos of her backyard and of her stepmom and dog to send to him. Aria had taken a few of her and told the girl to mail them to the boy, and she had even been told by Sally that he hadn't stopped looking at them.

School was much better than her last few years. Mainly because no one gave a shit about her reputation. Many of them had come from their own troubled backgrounds, but she didn't make any friends, deciding it was better to be by herself rather than with a group.

Most of her days had been spent at school and hurrying back home. She would play with her dog and eat food, before staying up as late as possible so she didn't sleep. But of course, nightmares crept into her mind and she was haunted by gold eyes.

It wasn't easy for her. And as the months grew warmer, Aria was around less and less. She was called to Olympus to give a report on her stepdaughter. Athena and Ares has asked for her to do so, and they didn't know the girl knew.

She had seen the looks Aria would send her if she was frustrated. But most of all, she would report how the girl was even angrier than the last few years, and the tears hadn't flowed down her cheeks.