Goodbye

C H A P T E R  2 9

C H A P T E R 2 9

YEONJUN'S POV

Yeji's been with Jaemin these past few days. We spend less time together because of their stupid projects. When I try to take Yeji out, she always has the reason to decline, which are projects, and school works. I've finished my school works earlier than them, so I'm pretty chill now. The only time we could talk to each other is during dance practices.

I was getting ready for practice when I texted Yeji, and it's been half an hour since I did that. That's odd, she usually replies a minute after, but I guess she's busy getting ready as well.

Just then, I received a reply from her. I immediately took my phone, and Soobin was shocked by my sudden action.

"Dude you're crazy for that girl," He said, and I just laughed. Kind of crazy.

Yeji: sorry can't attend the practice today
Yeji: please tell Jimin oppa
Yeji: Jaemin and I have to finish our last project today

Jaemin again. Project again. Well, it's their last project. I'm going to be with her after this school year.

"What made the happy dog frown?" Soobin asked.

"Nothing. Gotta go. See ya," I said, and gave him a salute before leaving.

YEJI'S POV

I stretched out my body as we finally finished our last project of this school year. Finally! We get to relax. The first year of college was very tough and quite depressing. Good thing Yeonjun and Jaemin were there for me during my breakdowns.

"Want to eat?" Jaemin asked.

I rolled my eyes, as I told him my answer. It was yes. I mean of course! He always treats me with good food, and I'm super starving. I haven't eaten since lunch, and my head is already spinning.

Then a notification came to his phone, and his mood immediately changed. He went from happy to I guess sad?

"What happened?" I asked him.

He didn't speak, he just pulled me into a hug. It shocked me, but I didn't push him away. He felt so heartbroken. "Come on tell me," I told him.

"My grandmother died. I can't go to California right now," He said, and buried his face on my neck. I rubbed his back to give him comfort. I felt sad as well. I've already lost nearly all of my grandparents, and I already know how much it hurts.

"They went for a vacation, and she died because she had a heart attack," He said, and I felt his tears pouring down to my skin. Gosh, my heart is aching.

Then I saw Yeonjun on the classroom door. Frozen in his place. Jaemin stood up straight and looked at Yeonjun as well. Yeonjun smirked and ran away. What the...

"I-I'll be back," I told Jaemin. He held my hand, and I looked at him. "Please," I told him, and he finally let me go.

I ran to find where Yeonjun went. I already knew. I already knew that Jaemin liked me, and I already told him that the us that he wanted will never happen because I like-no trash that, I love Yeonjun. I also love Jaemin, but only as a friend. I also don't want to lose our friendship, and he agreed to that. He told me that he'd be hurt if he'll lose me. We stayed as friends, and now I'm worried that Yeonjun might've thought that I'm cheating on him, which I would never do.

I went to the campus garden, but he wasn't there. I went to the gym, but he wasn't there too. I went to the grounds, the dance studio, his classroom, the library, even though I know for sure he can't and will never be there unless he's with me. So, I went to the track field. I found him there running on the tracks. I was about to go towards him, but a girl went to him first. I was curious to know her identity or relationship with Yeonjun so I stayed away.

She helped Yeonjun stand up straight, and she looked at him eye to eye, and kissed him right away. No small talk or anything, she straight up kissed my guy. Out of shock, I couldn't move. I was seeing the whole scene myself. After a few seconds, the worst thing happened. My boyfriend kissed back. The rain started to pour down, but that didn't stop them.

I felt my heart shattered into pieces. I was seeing enough, but why can't I leave this shitting place?

I suddenly felt a hand on my eyes, and everything was black. My tears started to pour, and I turned around to see who it was. My new best friend, Jaemin. He looked at me worriedly, and he wrapped his one arm around my shoulder, and we started to walk away from the field.

I thought this day would be happy and fun because finally I'm free from all the stressful school work, but here I am miserable once again.

Jaemin led me towards my dorm room, and Lia opened up the door.

LIA'S POV

"J-Jaemin" I spoke. My ex-crush, Jaemin is here. What a coincidence. He's also with Yeji.

I just noticed she was looking miserable as hell. The last semester of this year just ended, but why is she looking like this?

"What happened?" I courageously asked Jaemin. Things didn't end so well with us.

"She'll tell you everything. I have to leave now. Boys aren't allowed here," He said, and I just nodded.

"Hey Lia," He spoke as I was about to close the door. I raised an eyebrow as a sign that I was listening.

"I'm sorry," He said, and I just nodded and smiled. He was forgiven a long time ago. I closed the door and asked Yeji what happened.

I was panicking. She was soaking wet as she lay down on her bed. I sat down beside her and asked her why.

"He's still the same old Yeonjun. What an as**ole," she said, and rested her head on my shoulder.

Oh goodness, Soobin's brother what've you done again?