Chapter 3: Summary of the next 751 years

The boy was raised by Grandpa Cleo for 20 years, but he only seemed to grow a couple of years older. Unfortunately, when Cleo passed away, he was just barely old enough to fend for himself. The boy couldn't remember anything about himself, except his name.

His name was Alpha.

Because he was the strongest.

Over the next couple hundred years, he lived by himself in the forest, training. Cleo brought him up to love martial arts, so Alpha always aimed to get better. As his body grew, he became taller, more muscular and had longer limbs, which allowed him to grow even more powerful.

He learnt how to concentrate his energy to make energy blasts and to fly. Alpha utilised this to make powerful moves.

He read the books his grandpa left behind and educated himself. He learnt different languages, maths, physics, biology and chemistry.

After 300 years in the forest by himself, a thought struck him.

What if there were other people?

It seemed horribly obvious, but somehow, Alpha hadn't given it a thought in all his time training. Either way, he couldn't see how they would help him become stronger, so he didn't bother looking for anyone. Instead, he learnt how to sense energy.

When Alpha relaxed and calmed his soul, he could feel millions of distant specks of life energy all around him. This was his only proof that he wasn't alone for hundreds of years, but it was all he needed.

But then at night, when he was lying on his roof and staring into the stars, he could feel much more powerful life forms, incredibly far away. He longed to join them, to fight them and to improve himself from them.

But he couldn't.

He didn't like to do that anymore anyway, because sometimes if he searched deep enough into space, he found a huge energy which was even stronger than him, and he didn't like that idea.

After around 600 years, more powerful energies started to appear on the planet, but none were strong enough to peak Alpha's interest.

After 750 years on planet Earth, he was a full grown man. He hadn't physically changed for 500 years, except for his facial hair. He'd settled for light stubble so he didn't have to shave often. He was very tall and muscular. His hair was very long and spiky and went down to his shoulders. He had a long, purple tail, which was strong enough to be a fifth limb. He wore a black cloak, a white shirt and a pair of jeans.

After so much time studying, Alpha was fluent in 7 languages and had memorised every word of every book in his hut.

As a result of training for so long, the forest was completely deformed, covered in grassy holes which were once craters and the trees never got a chance to grow back before they were ripped up again. However, the results of his endless training were satisfying. Alpha had grown immensely powerful by now, and had several powerful attacks in case he ever found an enemy to test them against.

But one thing always bothered him, in all his time in the forest.

He was lonely, but he didn't care. There were other people, but he didn't want to meet them.

Why, even after centuries of solitude, didn't Alpha want to meet anyone?