early

Rose was now four months pregnant, and she was already ready to give birth. She was tired, emotional and cranky all the time, and her back was starting to hurt. Plus, Harry would rarely let her go anywhere alone, and while she was appreciative of the fact that he cared enough for her to do so, she just wanted to be alone.

"Do you know when Hermione and Ron will be here?" Rose asked Harry, sounding slightly sheepish. She had already asked him, but because of pregnancy brain, she couldn't remember.

"About twenty minutes," Harry answered again. He had been the perfect husband, always answering her questions, even if he had already told her the answer three times before. He would always wake up in the morning when she had to puke, holding her hair back for her and rubbing her back. He had also already started making late night runs to the store to get whatever she was craving.

"Thank you, love," Rose said absent-mindedly as she started rubbing her belly. She had a very small bump, and only people who knew that was pregnant could tell that it was a baby bump. To anyone else she just looked bloated.

Harry placed a small kiss on her forehead as he cleaned up the house. Ever since they found out that she was pregnant he did all the cleaning. Rose told him that she was perfectly able to clean, but he just made her sit. She eventually gave up on trying to help, and she would only do stuff when Harry wasn't looking.

"Did Potato ever go poop?" Rose asked Harry. Potato was already almost full grown, and she would often eat random things. She ate one of Harry's shoes, and the vet just said to watch her poop to make sure that everything was okay.

"She did and there was nothing wrong," Harry said as he sat down next to his wife, his hand immediately going to rest on her belly. "I really never thought that I would be checking poop, but here we are."

"I never thought I'd be pregnant at eighteen, but here we are," Rose responded.

"Once I decided I wanted kids, I knew that I wanted to have them young," Harry said. "I didn't think this young, but I already feel ready."

"Me too," Rose agreed. "Plus, as Aly reminded us when we came to her panicking because of how young we are, our emotional trauma has aged us to be mentally much older than eighteen and nineteen."

Harry snorted at how casual Rose sounded.

"No lie, the first time I had a session with her after we found out, I spent the whole time panicking," Harry admitted. "I was so excited, but so scared. I still am."

"Well, we have five months to get not scared," Rose said. "But we'll probably just get more scared."

"Probably," Harry said with a sigh.

"Can you rub my back?" Rose asked as she turned around. Harry immediately started giving her a light massage, which he had gotten good at because of how often she had asked for them. He had barely started rubbing her back when the doorbell rang. With an excited gasp and an amount of energy that she didn't know she had, Rose vaulted herself over the couch and ran to the front door, throwing it open to tackle Hermione into a hug.

"Yeah, it's so nice to see you too," Ron said with a scoff as he moved past the two girls to greet Harry.

"Oh, let me see you," Hermione said, holding Rose an arms length away.

"I'm not very big yet," Rose said with a slight frown. The doctors all said that the baby was healthy but small enough that there might be room for concern. Harry and Rose just decided to make sure that she was eating healthier and more food, but she still wasn't growing.

"You still look amazing," Hermione assured her. "And I can definitely see a bump."

Rose snorted, knowing that Hermione was lying. She had been too tired to wash her hair, so it was oily, and her skin had recently broken out.