Two

"You met a boy? Well what's his name? Come on, details!" My best friend Lilly asked as we sat across from each other on my bed.

"Well, his name is John, and apparently he's in that band, the Beatles? He was at the cafe I stopped in on Penny Lane." I couldn't help but  feel butterflies erupt just thinking about him.

"A musician." She swooned over dramatically throwing herself backward on the bed, resulting in my smacking her leg with a roll of my eyes as she picked herself back up.

"He has a gig tonight, at Litherland Town Hall," I began, hinting about what I was going to ask next.

"You already know I'm all for it," she laughed "but, will your mum be?" She grimaced.

"My mum won't know, she's out at her friends until late tonight." I smiled seeing an impressed look from her, as I usually wasn't the one to disobey my mother.

"Well than we have no time to waste," she slid herself off the bed hopping to her feet, "are his bandmates hot?" She asked intrigued.

I shrugged as I got up with a small laugh.

"What's gotten into you now suddenly anyway? Is this boy really worth the trouble?"she asked with slight surprise in her voice as we rushed down the stairs.

I turned back to her and stopped for a moment.

"You know, I really think he might be." I smiled, seeing her face melt into awe.

"You think what might be?" My dad appeared with a small grin having been eavesdropping, walking into the entranceway where we were stood.

"Can I borrow the car for a few hours? I promise to be back before mum comes home." I smiled the way I always did to try and convince my dad to let me do something, I was his soft spot.

"Alright, don't tell your mother I let you though, and don't make me regret this because, you know-" His sentence trailing off.

"Yes, I know." I spoke with a sigh.

"Where's she going?" My sixteen year old brother Max inquired.

"Nowhere that you'll want to go." I sighed looking at him impatiently.

"Bring me back some sweets, and I'll consider my silence." He gave a smug grin before walking off.

I groaned in protest as Lilly pulled me along, the two of us going outside to the car getting in and beginning to drive off.
                 __________________

After I had gotten the blackmailed sweets for one of my sibling's silence, we had made it to Litherland Town Hall.

"Alright, do I look okay? Not, too much?" I asked fixing the black mini skirt I wore overtop of black stockings, wearing a blue turtleneck and a long beige overcoat on top.

"You know, now that you said something, I don't love that shade of blue." She teased sarcastically causing me to roll my eyes with a grin as we made our way to the door.

Once we'd endured the line and payed the cover charge, we walked in to see a whole bunch of young people dancing to the opening act, as after all it was a dance.

"Do you know how to do the twist?" I asked Lilly excitedly, seeing her eyes flash fearfully.

"I can't dance."

"You can an will." I smirked taking her hand and bringing her further out on the dance floor to start to dance, learning immediately she really couldn't dance.