FORTY

unedited

FORTY. THE INTERROGATION, PART ONE

"HOW COMFORTABLE ARE YOU WITH BEING PRESENT DURING THE INTERROGATION?" Rossi lightly touched Daisy's shoulder as she sat with JJ in the P.D conference room. She had changed out of her torn dress and into an FBI jacket and sweatpants, now a little more secure presenting herself to the officers wandering around the precinct. 

"Let me guess, he's not gonna talk to anyone else?" Daisy looked up at the older man with exhausted eyes. She hadn't slept for over twenty four hours now, and she knew it would be a while before she could finally hit the hay. She'd gone over every single gruelling detail for post-case reports and been given every single kind of advice from medical professionals, yet the night still wasn't over. 

Rossi's lips pressed together in a sympathetic smile and nodded once. Daisy sighed softly and let him pull her to her feet. JJ stood up as well, crossing her arms skeptically. "Are we sure that's the wisest decision?"

"Not at all," Rossi responded without missing a beat. He led the two women to the interrogation room, both he and JJ keeping an eye on their coworker. Spencer and Morgan stood in the small office on the unseen side of the one-way glass, while Emily and Hotch were inside executing a good-cop-bad-cop routine. Harrison was clearly not going to break, his eyes only revealing amusement as Hotch smacked his hands against the steel table and shouted in his face. 

Derek turned around at the sound of the door opening and he walked over to the trio, instinctively looking over Daisy's injuries. Now that the blood had been cleaned up, she didn't look so bad, but there was no excusing the bruising and unhealed arm. She remained in great pain every time she moved, but it was crucial she was present. "You don't have to do this."

"I don't have a choice," brushing past him, Daisy patted her pockets to ensure she had her badge and phone. She stepped up to the door and looked back at her coworkers. All of them shared the same worry, though Spencer was slightly distracted, concentrating on Harrison's body language. "So, how am I playing this?"

"Submissive," Spencer brows furrowed as Harrison adjusted himself in his seat. The doctor briefly glanced at Daisy as he spoke, straightening up a little. He walked over and reached for the back of her head, taking out her loose bun so that her dark locks fell into loose curls around her shoulders (she and JJ had washed her hair in the locker room so that she wasn't waiting for hours with dried blood in her scalp). He then pulled down the sleeves of her jacket and adjusted her sling. "He's not going to tell you anything if you act like the alpha. Ask him questions instead of demanding, and let him speak without interruptions. We already have his confession from your phone call a few days ago, but we need to see if there's anything else we don't know about."

Daisy nodded and swallowed her anxiety, before she reached for the doorknob and twisted, revealing herself to the three people in the smaller room. They all looked up at the sound of her entrance, and immediately they all reacted differently. Harrison perked up instantly, a smile creeping onto his face and his shoulders rolling back to appear more presentable.