25

Sitting quietly in the back of an escalade. A bright idea forms inside my head, candy.

"Driver?" The suited man looks into the rearview mirror.

"Can we stop at 7/11?" Ha beyoncé would love me. I bite my lip suppressing a smile. He would surely think I was insane.

"Mr. Genovese would not approve of that." My smile disappeared, I don't see why it would matter.

"He's not here. I promise, promise! I'll keep a secret." I beg. He gives me a disapproving look, before guiding his focus to the traffic ahead. I wait for a minute to see if he'd reply but he doesn't.

"Please! We're almost out of the city, I want snacks. Aren't you hungry Mr. uhh-" I plead once again, stumbling with my words.

"He would know." The driver cuts me off with more of a gentle tone. I could tell he was warry of me and just wanted to get from point A to B.

"I'll deal with him." I try.

"No." His words were final, I should give up.

"He wouldn't want me to starve would he. Think about it." I sit back into the chair, crossing my arms. If we are going where I think we are then it was going to take a while.

"We are not far." I furrow my brows. So there's a different place. We were still in city limits meaning we would just be going to the edge.

All I know was that I woke up in the backseat of this car. I screamed loudly disturbing the man driving. My last memory was the night before with Stefano. I shake my head distracting myself with the window. They were obviously tented, covering any bright colors from the outside.

A few minutes go by, and the car slows down. We went through a gate, leading to the back of buildings. I could even see the river from the left. We were in Hudson's territory..

At the age of 12 I was allowed to get from home to school. With that my parents warned me about Hudson, though I couldn't understand why when it was so far away. I guess they thought i'd seek a little adventure and come to the city.

Pulling into a warehouse I become weary of my surroundings. I wanted to ask the driver what we were doing here, I would've thought I was being kidnapped but he settled it earlier mentioning Stefanos last name.

I wouldn't be surprised tho. The car stops and the man opens his door. Eventually he opens mine gesturing for me to get out. No one was around, we were completely alone. There weren't even cars around.

"Go in." I look back a the driver seeing him walk to the front of the car and stand there.

"Youre not coming?" He looked amused before taking out a cigarette. Pushing the door open I'm met with large groups of men, again. I stay at the door afraid to move.

"Carmen!" Guns were pointed at me, again.

"GIU!" A  gruff voice sent every gun drawed towards my face down. I could see Jax standing in the middle of the room with a nervous look on his face. Mom came up from behind him giving a slight push.

"Wheres dad?" The first thing I say to them.

"He's with the men, they're-" She clears her throat stopping her words. I gave her an eye squint but don't question it.

"I missed you." Jax hugged me tight. I close my eyes feeling a way of emotions hit me.

"Are you okay?" I ask Jax feeling mom walk closer. "Nothing I haven't been through before, but for you and your brother sake I was terrified." She tears uplooking down at Jax.

"I knew you'd be okay after you left but I was afraid-"

"Mom I'm alright." She nods looking up at me. Im a bit taller than she is, 5'6 to be exact.

"Come on." I follow her fast steps along with Jax. "Where to now?" I look to my left to see Harper giving me a sad smile.

"We are getting the fuck out of here." My mouth falls open. A hand touched mine making me jump. Jax was holding on to me tightly.

"Out of here? What about the family-"

"We can't depend on them. Or trust them."

"But dad!" She cuts me off turning to me with a death stare. "Do you trust them or your own mother Carmen?"

The hand I was holding suddenly felt like a feather. Guilt rushed to my veins, what was I trying to say.

"You, mom. I'm sorry I didn't-" Tears gather in her eyes and she turns to walk again without saying a word.

She mutters things under her breath, I knew her thoughts were about me being ridiculous.

"I can't speak for now I don't know who could be listening, don't say a word once we get in that car and I mean it. Your grandmother will be picking us up at the house and we will get the rest of our things. Not a word and I mean it, home could be bugged."

My feet stopped working, according to my head. It was really happening, a force of reality settled inside of me. What around me was real, Jax was pulling me along with him.

We were in a mob warehouse. Men were holding not only guns but very large guns in every which way I looked.

You can tell by their grips they wanted any excuse to use them. Feeling a head hit my face I knew it was the sun. We had reached outside, cars weren't parked but multiple were scattered with the engines running.

"Carmen." Jax whispered in my ear. His heart shaped face and big eyes pulled me from my frozen state.

"Your right." My brows furrowed confused. "Look above my head." We hadn't stopped moving but I looked.

Stefano stood with men around him. He was staring right at me, paying no attention to them. They were all speaking, their mouths were moving.

He had a new expression on his face. It was cold, it wasn't what I wanted my last memory of him to be.

He didn't give up our staring contest. He never looked away, his eyes burning into my soul.

Jax never stopped moving, I knew he looked back at me twice before shoving his elbow into my stomach.

"What the fuck-" I look down. We were at the car and mom was staring at me.

"Get in the car, Carmen." He was trying to save me. I was still, unmoving. I could feel Stefano's eyes on my face as if he was standing right next to me.

The driver I had earlier was standing next to our door, looking at me thoughtfully.

"Carmen.." Tears weld up in my eyes knowing this was it. She shakes her head getting into the car first. "Come on Jax!"

He doesn't hesitate to jump in.

I didn't move. I was scared to look back at him, I couldn't. The door closes behind me.

"You did what I told you not to do." The driver gets into the drivers seat, starting the car. Mom continued to ramble, but everything she says goes past my ears.

He would forget about me.

                                 VOTE!!