chapter 21: what??

"Heeeey momsss...." Catra waved sheepishly, Jasmine and Selene shared a look and looked back at Catra.

"Was school canceled today? Or did you just skip class with Adora? Are you winning s-"

"No! Theres been a car crash,, but of course you two dont watch the news." Catra facepalmed with a sigh, "wait-really?? Wow ok wait turn on the news hon!" Jasmine yelled, she could hear distant noises through the phone and the internet connection get crappy for a second.

"Right.. 5 cars?! Damn ok.." "hopefully they're ok..." "im pretty sure they're not sweetheart.." "i dont think theres a bright side to think of at the moment, i can see all the blood just spilling under there just... no." "Yeah exactly! I was just about to sa-"

"YEAH! Thats not the reason i called you!!" Catra hollered, Selene and Jasmine turned their attention to Catra.

"What is it Cat? Wait is that ADORA?!" Selene yelled pointing at the TV, Jasmine shifted her attention back at the television which was indeed, showing an image of her gir-wife.

"Why- why does she- wait.. WERE YOU GUYS IN THE CRASH?!" Jasmine panicked, eyes staring intensely into the camera.

"Oh no! Her mom told her to check or whatever. Thats besides the point!" Catra objected staring at them with the same intensity, even though their faces seemed to calm down after she told them that.

"Ok so what did you want to tell us?" Selene asked, her face resting with a small smile, Catra looked to the side and rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly.

"Have.. you two ever thought about grandchildren?" Catra asked shifting her vision back at the camera, but she broke off straight after, not managing to make eye contact due to embarrassment.

"Uhh.. no? Well cant say we have and we cant say we dont want them but.. wait.. are you PR-"

"No! No. Nobody is pregnant." Catra cut her off before her mind could wander any further.

"Then what is this about?" Jasmine asked raising an eyebrow, a confused smile tugged at her lips to reassure her that she didn't mean anything bad.

"See A-"

"Catra are you two done yet?" Bow asked looking through the door, everyone else turned their attention to Bow.

"Whos this?" Selene asked raising an eyebrow at Bow, Catra looked at her phone and back at Bow with her eyebrows furrowed, Bow's eyes widened and his cheeks flushed "oop- sorry!" He said shutting the door.

Catra facepalmed "he's one of Adora's friends- dont worry about it. As i was saying.."

"As you were saying.." both of her mothers echoed, Catra rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Were adopting a child..." Catra said bracing herself for impact, she turned her face to the side and cringed once she heard one of her mothers make a squeal like sound and the phone drop.

"Wait what?!"
"The phone.."

The screeching stopped and there was a moment of silence between the trio, then finally Jasmine took responsibility of holding the phone for the rest of the call.

The three of them switched gazes until finally Jasmine let out another squeal,, thank sappho they broke the silence.

"I mean..! I guess im excited! But why so sudden? So.. early!?" Jasmine squeaked, her voice raising an octave higher.

"Isn't that a normal lesbian thing to do nowadays?"

"You're making us sound old."

"Yeah.. we are!"

".. maybe you're right.."

"No you guys aren't old and im pretty sure its not common to adopt children before you're even moved in." Catra rolled her eyes  and explained.

"So.. are you two going to move in?" Selene spoke, her eyes staring into Catra's soul "is it important?"

"Umm yes im pretty sure it is important especially if you two are gonna raise the child together." Jasmine started, lifting a single finger for emphasis.

"Well im guessing we're gonna take it as slow as possible,, i dont think i would feel uncomfortable living in a house with Adora- cant say i haven't imagined it." Catra rambled, a blush creeping on her cheeks after processing.

"Awww" Selene and Jasmine cooed, taking a hand and putting it on their cheeks, all while tilting their head to the side.

"I guess Adora and i will talk some things out." Catra sighed looking down.

"Thats perfectly fine! Every couple has issues to discuss and remember that if you dont feel comfortable about something.."

"Talk it out,, i know." Catra breathed, a small smile tugging at her lips.

"There we go! I remember when i taught you that back when you weren't feeling so well.. im so proud of how far you've gone." Jasmine calmed, Selene nodded in agreement and smiled softly at Catra.

"Pfft you guys are so soft!" Catra laughed, her voice too cheerful to tease "well we all know being soft is contagious,, so therefore you are also: soft." Selene smirked

"Am not!"

---------

It took a while,, but finally the case was in police's hands.

The child slept peacefully in Adora's arms as she wondered the struggle  she would have to go through just to adopt the little girl.

She had almost no right, she felt a bit guilty,, she just hoped she could keep in touch with the child if she wasn't able to actually bend the rules.

We all know how Adora should be feeling,, anxious, exhausted, sad, maybe even angry,, but she pushed her feelings away for a bit, she could never keep her mind clear of thoughts, but she tried anyway.

She looked up at Glimmer who must have been waiting for an explanation,, more anxiety crept up Adora's spine at the thought of coming up to Glimmer and going clean.

Maybe it was too late for that.

It was far too late for that.

Glimmer looked furious already.

Adora wasn't feeling like going through another one of her outbursts.

It was selfish, it weighed on Adora like 55 bricks,, she should just-.. i dont know-! Take responsibility for her actions-!

        ●Double the brick amount by ×10
   -i cant do math.
      +maybe you can do math.

There wasn't a single positive thought on her mind,, she hoped Perfuma wouldn't be bothered to hear her rant on  about her problems again..

Right that certainly wasn't positive.

Car wreck? More like train wreck.

Right, cars, is that what we're talking about?

Adora opened her eyes once more to see  the cars already making their own small path between the lanes to pass through, the paramedics checking through the corpses and the police interviewing side viewers.

No ambulance, no police cars, it would've taken longer than that for them to arrive,, so Adora figured it was only logical for them to go by foot to clear the area faster.

And it was the only thing logical,, they wouldn't just stay waiting for people to let them through, it was almost impossible (even though Barbie says it is.)

And well the only thing logical for Adora to do, was wait for Catra and Bow to arrive.