013. and the winner is. . .

THE AVATAR'S BIG SISTER .

── ☆ ☆ ☆ ──

𝐈 was sitting down on the nearby bench watching Mako, Bolin, and Korra practice. Pabu, the young earthbender's fire ferret, scurried across the sleek floors and jumped onto my lap, cutely flopping over his back. I chuckled brightly and rubbed his belly before shifting my attention towards the radio next to me.

"You're listening to "The Music Hour"!" Brought to you by Cabbage Corp, Republic City's trusted name in technology for over fifty years."

I threw Korra a towel as the gang stopped their practice and approached towards me. "Man, I got a good feeling about tonight's game," she said confidently, wiping the towel across her sweaty forehead. "I don't care if we are the underdogs. We can take those pompous Wolfbats."

Mako took off his helmet, concurring with a nod. "It's going to be our toughest match ever, but I think you're right."

Bolin wrapped his arm around the firebender's shoulder, impersonating the dramatic and bright voice of an announcer. "Introducing your new champs, the fantastic Fire Ferrets!" 

I laughed, but it quickly faltered down when the radio suddenly started to make similar static sounds Korra and I heard when she had been doing her airbending practice. "Good morning, citizens of Republic City. This is Amon."

Pabu squeaked and ran away from the radio. "I hope you all enjoyed last night's pro-bending match, because it will be the last. It's time for this city to stop worshiping bending athletes as if they were heroes. I am calling on the council to shut down the bending arena,"

We all looked at each other in shock and then back at the radio. "And cancel the finals, or else there will be severe consequences." 

The static radio sound returned, then became dead silent. I leaned back on the bench, rubbing my neck with a scowl. "That guy's got some nerve." 

"You guys think the council will give in?" Mako asked curiously. 

"I'm not waiting to find out," Korra scoffed sternly. "We need to get to City Hall."

☆             ☆           ☆

We reached to City Hall and got off on Naga. I turned to the others and suggested, "Why don't you guys go ahead and I'll wait in the corridors? After all, this is technically a pro-bender problem."