19

5 days later

Briana

I woke up in the middle of the night in my beautiful hotel suite sweating. I rolled over to see my bedside empty. I looked at my phone seeing not one missed call from Gee not even a text since the incident. " I can't believe this nigga." I said aloud to myself. I got a hotel close to the hospital. So I could visit my dad everyday, they keep saying he's doing better but everyday I visit it seemed his condition is getting worse. He took three shots to his body no major arteries were damaged, but he hasn't even awaken from his coma yet and had been having seizures Almost every day.

Today was the day of Damien's funeral and I couldn't sleep just thinking about everything ; my dad, Gee, Dame, Kayne. Just too much on my plate. I rolled out my hotel King size bed and picked out a nice black dress to wear to the funeral.
I walked into the shower and let the water run all over my body taking deep breaths.
" God please help me make it through this day." I said to myself.

...

I parked my car as close as I could to the funeral that was being held at a beautiful cemetery. I stepped out the car and noticed the group of people all taking a seat in the chairs that were outside even the schools basketball team. I joined everyone else taking a seat in the back.

I saw Gee, Mike, & Ted in the front row along with Dames mom and dad. The basketball team was on the other side. It was quite all you heard was people crying. Dame had a beautiful all white casket and flowers everywhere with a big picture of him sitting by the casket.

 Dame had a beautiful all white casket and flowers everywhere with a big picture of him sitting by the casket

I took a deep breath moments later it started.

The pastor preached, tthey had someone playing on the piano Stevie Wonder - Ribbon in the sky instrumentals, then his teammates went up to speak they all had on nice Armani black suits. The captain spoke while everyone stood behind him most of them cried when the captain started reminiscing on how bright of a future Dame had.
Tears began to fall as I started thinking about him just always flirting with me but being so sweet and corny. He truly had a bright spirit. After his dad told the team to sit down he began to speak. Then it was Gee's turn to step up and talk.

I watched him stand up and walk up to the podium as he wore all black.

He cleared his throat. " Goodmorning everyone." He spoke in the mic. It sent chills through me felt so good to hear his voice. He didn't look like he's been having a good pass few days.

" Goodmorning." The crowd spoke.

" It's crazy seeing Dame laid up in a casket. I just had saw him happy, healthy, & his usual talkative self. It's fu- " he cleared his throat . " I'm sorry ." He put his hand on his face wiping his eyes that looked red. " This was my brother dawg! Like we talked about everything almost every day. Whatever he needed I had him man. I messed up. I was supposed to watch his back, I'm sorry I failed you bro." Tears began falling from his face. He took a deep breath.
I got out my seat and came up to him as everyone eyed me. He looked at me as he tried to straighten up. I touched his hand he jumped a little. I stopped and began to rub his back.

" You're okay. Just speak from your heart." I whispered.
I saw my bestfriend nod her head at me.

" I done took so many losses in my life. I don't want to take no mo' . No ! You know what I ain't taking no mo' ! I got you lil bro Rest In Peace ...I love you Dame." he stepped down from the podium I followed him to Dame's casket.

I watched him stare at him as he patted his chest like he used to do at the game when Dame would have a good game.

He turned to look at me and I could see the hurt in his eyes . He shook his head at me and walked back to his seat.

I walked back to mine. I put on my shades for the rest of the funeral. I was hurt seeing Dame in that casket like that and I didn't like seeing Gee like this it was hurting me to see him hurt.

...

After they put him in the dirt everyone hugged and parted ways. I walked up to Gee as he stood around his homies.

" Hi." I said .

He looked up to see me. " Let me handle this real quick ." He said dapping them up as they left.

" What's up Briana ?" He said .

" How are you , I mean are you okay ? I haven't heard -"

" Look Briana you a nice girl and all but shit you getting my head all twisted up. Shit I was too busy fucking you instead of looking for that pussy ass bitch boyfriend of yours. Shiiiiddd This shit really your fault. So you know what stay the fuck away from me dawg I don't wanna see you , talk to you , fuck on you none of that , you hear me ? "

" Gee I'm sor-" I began to feel my heart racing.

" Is sorry gone bring my brother back ? ...HUH !?" He yelled.

" I thought you — me — I just -"

" me and you ain't got nothing going on whatever you thought you felt for me was just the dick.... " he didn't say anything looking at the tears fall down. " Bye Briana." He said getting into his all black Audi A8 pulled off .

I stood there looking dumb but feeling dumber . I wanted to scream so bad as I ran to my car in my all black heels. I got in and closed the door.

" Not again Bri." I said to myself I felt my anxiety kicking in as I started hyperventilating rolling down my windows feeling light headed. " Stop ." I said ." please make it stop." I started taking deep breath's counting to 10.

I pulled whatever part of myself I felt was falling a part together. And drove back to my hotel.

...