Chapter 3

"Here. Take it." Emma gave a  handkerchief to crying Adeline. "I'm sorry. He is under pressure. And when he is angry, he can't control his words." Emma patted Adeline on the shoulder to calm her down. "Maybe tomorrow you can talk about it again."

"How can you stand it, with his attitude like that?"

"I guess, because I need money." Emma grinned. Adeline chuckled.

"Emma!"

"Emma!"

Emma heard her name called by Connor. "You'd better go home. I have to get in before the Fire Lord attacks."

" Fire Lord?" Adeline was confused.

"Aang. The Last Airbender. Nickelodeon."

Adeline chuckled. Emma knew that Adeline liked to watch Nickelodeon because her younger brother liked Aang and SpongeBob.

"Yeah. Go ahead," Adeline smiled.

Emma had just closed the office door when Connor scolded her. "What took you so long?"

Emma sighed tiredly. "I have to calm Adeline because it seems like my asshole boss makes her cry." Emma raised an eyebrow.

"What?" Connor looked at Emma as if he didn't understand.

"You're such an asshole. You don't understand why she is angry?"

"What? I only did what I was supposed to do?"

"Women also have dignity. I understand you like her and want to make her happy. But that's not the way to do it. She is a woman who has principles. Appreciate that."

"Who likes her?" Connor blinked his eyes.

"You, my lord." Emma pointed at Connor.

Connor laughed awkwardly. "I'm not."

"Keep lying to yourself." Emma satirized.

"I'm really not, alright?" Connor said firmly. Emma looked closely at Connor. Connor was getting even more awkward. He stuttered. "Well ... she looks beautiful, kind, and strong. I just want to help her."

"Mmhm." Emma nodded her head amusingly. Connor glared at her.

Emma sighed. It seems like since she has migrated to this world, she had sighed more often. "You think I don't know? First, you use your personal money to fund Davis Diner and his mother. Second, your company is engaged in the real estate industry not the food industry. Why do you suddenly want to invest in Davis Diner? Third, the way you see her. "

Connor widened his eyes. Looking embarrassed, he stuttered. "How do I see her?"

"It's as if there's only her in this world and the others are just flies." Emma said bluntly.

Connor coughed. Emma looked at him meaningfully. After a moment of silence, he admitted. "Fine. I like her."

Emma laughed triumphantly. For the first time she felt superior to her boss. "Because you have acknowledged it, I give you advice. She is a principled woman. Respect her principle, do not try to cross the line. If she doesn't want you to give money or luxury items that she did not ask for, you should not give it to her. Remember, you guys married by contract. That alone makes her feel out of principle. She feels like a gold-digger. Now you give her money and other luxury items she doesn't ask for. She feels that you hurt her pride. "

"I just don't want to see her suffer with her efforts."

"Then support her. Ask her what she needs. Ask her opinion. Don't immediately give her some things without warning."