𝐧 𝐢 𝐧 𝐞 𝐭 𝐞 𝐞 𝐧 : 𝙟𝙖𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙧

"The scary thing about love is that you are willingly giving your person your heart. It's upto them whether they want to protect it or to stab it. But that's the thing about love, it's a leap of faith."

"I SWEAR IF ANYONE CALLS ME YOUR MAJESTY ONE MORE TIME I WILL FLIP!" I groaned out loud into the air with every bit of frustration in my voice, making Amber become a laughing stock beside me with no shame.

"DON'T LAUGH AT ME! It's torture! How do royals even go on about their days without getting even a little irritated?" I whined while crossing my arms, as she chuckled while shrugging in response because of probably not knowing how it feels.

"I think they got used to it by getting addressed like that for a few decades, maybe even a few centuries." She said casually, as if it was not a big deal, while I looked at her like a constipated pig.

A few centuries-

Just wow.

"That's like mediocrely normal. Nothing out of the ordinary at all." I grumbled sarcastically.

"It's honestly an honour to be addressed as royalty. Many women would swoon to be mated to someone like Lazarus and have everything served on a silver platter." She chuckled.

"They can have the royalty, but my Zari is a no no." I said in a childish tone while shaking my finger, and she smiled brightly.

"That's quite adorable, I've never heard anyone give him in nickname before." She giggled.

"You haven't? That's weird. I thought he'd have at least a few of them like everyone does." I shrugged softly.

"Not really. His majesty doesn't really talk that much with others, he's more to himself, more quiet and reserved. Heck, no one even dares to talk to him because of his intimidation skills. He only speaks when it's needed, that to in a very formal manner, and no one even calls him by his name other than his family. So yeah, very weird to hear you say another term for him, but in a good way. He for sure needed it." She laughed.

"Needed it?"

"You know, someone who makes him happy. When we first met you in the forest, we were not really shocked to see how he let you treat him so casually, but more so because he smiled for that first time in years. So yeah, he needed it."

Wait...he smiled for the first time in years?

Did he not hear anyone utter a joke once in a while? Poor guy.

"He better smile more, always so macho nacho face, super boring. 'I'm so cold and broody, I only speak in pure Dracula and will suck your blood.' I can imagine him saying this in so many ways." I snorted while imagining him as the description given in vampire fantasy books.

"He'll probably kill anyone who thinks like that, but luckily you're an exception." She snickered.

"I feel so special." I rolled my eyes.

"You know, you're honestly very special among us. Probably the most treasured being right about now in Stormania." She sighed.

"What do you mean?"

"If I'm speaking frankly, this is probably the year when the King even volunteered to spend so much time in the castle all his life. He would rather stay outside or go exploring, or he would stay in many of his built cabins across kingdoms. That's also how he earned his title of being the most dangerous beast out there, it's because of his hunting persona, but for the past two years, he was even more unavailable. And now I understand why." She smirked at me.