3. | Surprise

Y/N POV

"Y/N-ah! Come quickly,please!" I heard Yoojung's voice. I wanted to ask why, but she hanged up on me before I could even say a word.I was sleepy and drowsy, but it dawned on me that something might have happened to her, so I immediately drove to her house.

Arriving at her house, I opened the door to find that it was unlocked. Anxiously, I called out Yoojung's name a few times while searching for her in her 2-storey lighthouse.

I heard a snicker coming from the study room, so I swiftly entered and to my surprise, I found Sohye behind the desk, huddled up into a ball.

"Sohye, why are you here? In this position? Where's Yoojung? What the hell is happening?" I had a million questions in mind, but she shushed me with her index finger.

Her startled gaze that was changing directions every second only puzzled me even further. Yoojung was the one who ringed me with such an alarming sentence, but Sohye was the one I found first in this "deserted" lighthouse.

At first, I thought that an intruder had broken in Yoojung's house and the girls were hiding but that didn't make sense because they should have been shouting for help after hearing me arrive by now.

Then, after Sohye dragged me to the living room, she looked at me and told me to sit.

" Yah, Sohye, you haven't answered me", I stated,but she ignored my pleas for her answer and left for the kitchen.

I thought that it was weird of her that she said absolutely nothing,since she was someone who liked to talk alot.

I sat on the couch, following her instructions, my stomach churning from nervousness and curiosity and contemplated going to the kitchen.

However, when I stood up to stretch, someone called me to sit down and not go to the kitchen.

Emerging from the guest room was Chungha?? What was she doing here too? Wait. Chungha and Sohye at Yoojung's house, is this some form of IOI meetup?

Piecing it together, it made more sense now. Something still didn't make sense, the anxiousness in Yoojung's voice tone during the call and Sohye's strange behaviour.

Chungha sat down next to me and started using her phone, acting like I wasn't there.

"Chungha, what's going on?" I mumbled.

She looked up at me, but didn't say a word. Again, something strange was going on with her too, she would normally greet me and ask about my wellbeing everytime we met.

Suddenly, Chungha stood up and took out a blindfold out of her pocket and swiftly blinded me with it. Inside, I was screaming in shock and thinking that the girls turned yandere and wanted to kill me but the blindfold was taken out of me before I could end my scary thought and the sight that unfolded before me had me in tears.

It was IOI,IZ*ONE and my bandmates singing happy birthday for me. IOI's Chaeyeon was holding the birthday cake. It had me in shock and later, gratitude and touched.

Once the song was over, they asked me to make a wish before blowing the candles. Then, the real party started. Everything went chaotic in the lighthouse. A food fight was ignited by Yena and involved some IOI members. A karaoke station was set up and the vocalists, namely Yeonjung, Yuri and Haebin, were belting their high notes out. Over at the TV area, Yoojung, Kyulkyung, the maknaes of IZ*ONE and the rest of my bandmates were singing and dancing to random MVs being played. Eunbi, Nayoung and the two Chaeyeons were sitting at the dining table and chatting. Hyewon was eating my birthday cake, the Japanese members were just watching the whole scene and going "Ehhh" every few seconds when they saw something weird unfold, like Yena picking a sausage on the floor and eating it.

Chungha, Doyeon, Sejeong and Sohye started a VLIVE alongside Minju and Chaewon. It was a sight to behold. Before it started getting even more chaotic, I pulled Yoojung out and asked her whose idea it was.

I had no idea it was my birthday today and my members were really good at acting as if nothing was happening.

" Umm everyone contributed to this I guess, we all know how much you've been practicing for Produce 202 and even forgot your own birthday, so we hope this helps you lighten up!" She said with her ever so cute voice.

I thanked her for sacrificing her house because boy it was going to be a real challenge to clean this up. Yena and co managed to mess up the house with food all over the floor and that did not help when Somi's hair was covered in cake frosting.

However, all was for good fun and at the end of the day, everyone pitched in to help Yoojung with the cleaning. After an hour or so of cleaning, we said our farewells to each other. I was happy to have friends like this, to surprise me and cheer me up after a long day.

Due to the surprise party, I had not touched my phone once today, and when I opened it, I was bombarded by messages of different idols wishing me happy birthday.

After reading and thanking each and everyone, my eyes got so droopy that I wanted to sleep without washing up. After doing so , I comfortably laid on my bed and closed my eyes. A sudden notification that lit up my phone jolted me awake though.

Rumours of MNET'S Produce 202 .... was all I saw before my eyes couldn't take it anymore and just gave in to my sleepiness, guess I could wait till tomorrow to see the headlines...