Chapter 4

Hey there, I'm finally back,

And diving into the story!

Lloyd walked out of the shed cautiously, knowing that all the sophomores were still on the hunt for him. Zane watched as Lloyd left the shed, the sadness of his leaving slowly turning into an annoyance for his friends who couldn't even act rationally as he told them to.

"You think he's going to be alright?" It was Akita who spoke. She stood beside Zane wondering what the expression on his face was for. "Our classmates are pretty rough and I doubt he'll last without being found out."

"He lasted months in this school without being noticed, I think he'll be just fine," Zane spoke with a tint of the annoying feeling he was bottling up showing in his voice.

X~X~X~X~X~

Lloyd headed over to the school garden. It was a nice solitary area filled with a lot of silence and a lot of beautiful plants. Lloyd always came here to escape into his head, using his self-learned gardening skills to make the place look lovely. No one ever goes there since no one even knows there's a school garden. Lloyd needed a place to hide from all the bullying during his freshman year and so he found a quiet hidden place and turned it into his sanctuary.

It was peaceful. So peaceful that Lloyd found himself drifting off to sleep. He knew the private conference between the teachers, the vice-principal, and the principal would probably end a while after the sixth period, so he let himself fall asleep. The garden was in a secluded area in the school and not so easy to find or get to so Lloyd let himself fall slowly into a nice slumber.

Sadly, his slumber didn't last ten minutes. Lloyd had just bought himself a round trip ticket that would've ended up earning him in dreamland, but the ticket shattered into thin air and he was woken up immediately by the sounds of destruction. He could hear buildings being smashed into and the screams of people. It was enough to snap him out of his sleep and get him into his ninja uniform.

He didn't transform into his gi yet. He had to make sure he wasn't asleep and just dreaming He was proved otherwise when a shark mech dove headfirst into the school compound. It crashed into the building reserved for the eleventh and twelfth graders of the school. Lloyd, out of instinct, quickly changed into his ninja suit and rushed towards the building.

Two of the ninja were already there; the master of the earth who was dressed in black and the master of lightning who was dressed in blue. Lloyd joined up with the two of them to help make sure everyone in the building was okay.

"Glad someone could finally make it! Blue here was annoying me to pieces!" The black one said to Lloyd. They each identified themselves according to their colors so as to keep their identities hidden.

"I was not!" The blue said defending himself. "Besides, quit complaining. My ninja sense is going off like crazy!"

"Ninja sense?" Lloyd asked confusedly.

"Blue thinks ninjas have the ability to sense upcoming danger and that he's unlocked his." The black one spoke.

"That's... interesting?" Lloyd was still confused.

"Not really, Blue's just being dumb. Again." Black told Lloyd as they got closer to the crash site.

The shark mech looked destroyed, almost like it was thrown out of the sky. Lloyd asked Blue to deal with the students while he and Black figure out a way to get rid of the mech.

Blue left, joining up with Red who decided on helping him while Water went on to join Black and Lloyd. Water was the only one called by her element since she and Blue share almost the same color. Once the three were only a few feet away from the mech, the door to the shark mech opened up. White fog erupted from the mech as a dark figure stepped out into the light.