lxxxi. the other side

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑬𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻𝒀 𝑶𝑵𝑬
❝ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

THE PAIR SOON RETURNS TO EDORAS after the sun completely disappears over the horizon

THE PAIR SOON RETURNS TO EDORAS after the sun completely disappears over the horizon. They didn't spend much time talking after Vera's confession, but it isn't because they didn't want to, it's because they felt fully content with remaining silent. They were at that point in their friendship where silences are comfortable, and they didn't have to converse to speak about what they were thinking. Besides, sometimes, people just needed some time to themselves. The presence of another being around them is all they need; no talking, no moving, just being there. Eventually, though, they had decided to leave their space of solace and return to Edoras before the sun disappeared completely, and they were left with nothing but darkness to guide them. Hope had suggested it first, her concerns over Vera's whereabouts and Legolas' worries clouding her vision admittedly. 

By the time they reached Edoras and passed through the entrances, the sun had completely vanished from the view of the world, allowing the moon to blanket the sky with its stars and the ethereal glow it comes with. They didn't talk during that time, either, as they merely enjoyed the feeling of being on horseback and the winds blowing past their hairs. However, when they reached the stables, they were happily conversing amongst themselves. They took a few moments to ensure the stability of their beloved stallions before departing from the stables to return to the Golden Halls of Meduseld from atop the hill. Hope had been more than satisfied with telling Vera about Legolas' childhood and more about their elven dwelling, seeing as the ellon never seemed to want to talk about...why? Out of pure embarrassment. Of course, when I say 'childhood stories', I mean the humilating times of Legolas' past. 

The brunette didn't seem fazed by the stories of his past as all she did was laugh affectionately and hold him in higher regard. Although, Hope never wandered deeper into the horrid stories of their childhood and what it is like to grow up hidden away, nor did she mention anything about any other affairs. When Vera had asked, Hope had shifted uncomfortably and told her to talk about it with Legolas. Now, Vera and Legolas talked — it was one of the things they did during the late nights — and they got to know one another each time but there are boundaries that they never seem to cross. From the small amount of information that had been provided to her in Imladris' libraries, she knows that the Royal Family of Greenwood have been through so much as a family, and recalling that may not bode well for the sensitive elf. But she knew they'd have to talk about it soon...Vera had her own secrets to share, anyway. 

At last, Vera and Hope managed to maneuver their way through steep hills and soft rocks towards the flatter lands leading to Meduseld, their smiles, and laughs heard by everyone passing them. Fires have been started with the presence of the darkness among the people of Rohan, giving them enough light, though Vera didn't know if they needed it. The sky is not dark, at all, and is still making its transformation from light blue to a darker cobalt — almost a pale purple.